Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 06:18 PM

Constant worry!

A whole day wasted in some ways due to our eldest son being carted off to hospital - 2nd time in 48 hours.

He was taken in at 8 o'clock, by ambulance, to the local A&E and after tests and observation taking all day he's discharged @ 4 o'clock this afternoon and they've still no idea what's wrong!

He spent 6 hours in a cubicle in A&E then transferred to an observation ward then released 2 hours later.

We asked why all the tests they've done this time were not done on Tuesday but answers came there none.

This is the third such incident now in 5 weeks so you'd think by now - maybe - there'd be some concern and referral but all he got told was they think it's some type of gastroenteritis although it could be some kind of infection!

Now I'm no expert and Yes, I do believe they are doing the best they can but my question is why is he discharged - again - with no clear diagnosis?

Twice now he's been taken ill at work, putting his job on the line and his partner's losing precious hours from her job too so the cost is mounting for them as well as our costs, ferrying family to and fro, baby-sitting etcetera, let alone all the worry my wife's going through!

For us it some ways it's a repeat of what we went through years ago with my Dad - they never got to the bottom of his problem and five times I was called out of my job, sat in A&E departments for hours on end and nothing was actually diagnosed or done.

There are times I'm sure when others feel as I do now - if the NHS is so good, why does this sort of thing drag on?

My Dad died in that hospital the last time so perhaps you can understand our feelings at this moment. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 06:32 PM

Re: Constant worry!

Can well understand Steve - its a nightmare today, really is.
If he can take a 'drink' - he will be seen to quick smart, would have to have more than one of course !
Hope things improve for him and soon .....
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Has he been given any medication? has he been referred back to his own GP? is there a follow-up appointment?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 06:45 PM

I do feel for you Steve, this is what happened when my husband was rushed in.

I've also been undergoing tests and, apparently, I've baffled them as well then again, from my experiences over the past 6 years, it doesn't seem to take much to baffle them nowadays

All that hi-tech equipment and contact with other professionals and yet they don't seem to do much better.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 06:45 PM

Steve, you strike me as a reasonable, sensible guy, but sometimes reasonable, sensible guys have to demand answers.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 06:47 PM

Very true RJ ....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 06:53 PM

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-12-2013, 07:00 PM

Hello RJ .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 07:44 PM

Dr Gregory House.......we need real doctors like him!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 09:54 PM

The NHS seems to have lost it's way. I put this down to government interference.........all governments.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top