Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 10:22 PM

Re: Constant worry!

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Has he been given any medication? has he been referred back to his own GP? is there a follow-up appointment?

Good points Pats.
However, I do feel sorry for you Steve, it must be both worrying and frustrating, especially with Christmas so close and not so easy to help over the holiday period.
I find it especially vexing when some medics don't explain things properly too. Hope he's o.k. soon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 10:29 PM

So sorry you and your family are having all this worry Steve, I hope some help can be offered to your son soon...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 07:38 AM

How is your son at present Steve ....?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 09:40 AM

So sorry to hear this steve, I have a feeling half the time the reason they don't tell us anything is they have no idea themselves, hope he feels better soon.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Has he been given any medication? has he been referred back to his own GP? is there a follow-up appointment?
No, he wasn't given any medication - again, just re-hydrated, blood taken twice for tests but no feedback on what the tests were actually for, just the results, nothing found, all 'normal' so that's no comfort really.

He's not been referred back to his GP either and they're saying it could be gastro-intestinal infection or possibly an allergic reaction so why no referral back?

I find that a worry, as does he and his partner and the children and us of course.

When he was released he was told that they'd kept him there longer because they'd released him "too soon" on Tuesday but it seems that that merely satisfies the targets and the pen-pushers to me and has still not addressed his problem.

He contacted his doctor himself because he wants answers, not platitudes but also, unknown to us, he's apparently on some kind of anti-depressants he didn't want us to know about.

He told them in the hospital on both recent occasions about this, including the name and strength but they insisted that his current problem had nothing to do with those but I'm really not so sure.

I've had contra-indications from prescribed medications twice in three years and so has my wife.

In both of my cases I specifically asked the GP what the risks were, having read the leaflet, and was told "very unlikely" but he was wrong on both occasions. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:03 AM

Mmmm - could well be the medication, the problem is, they want you to stay on the medication, so to put up with the side effects ....
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:21 AM

Sorry to hear about your son Stev,k2, it must be a real worry. Not having lived in UK for a long time I don't know if they have the same system there that they do here. Here we are given (if you wish) a special password exclusive to yourself and you can go online and access your medical records, including all treatments, medications given, etc etc, you can even have a 'consultation' with your doctor this way if you want to know anything about your medical notes, eg, why you are given this treatment etc etc. If there is such a system there perhaps you could find out more this way, or at least your son could.

I hope your son is feeling better now and there are no repeats of this.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:45 AM

If there is any chance it's allergy or reaction to the drugs I would go to the GP to be referred to allergist to find out what is going on. Allergies can become worse very quickly I have found and need to be taken seriously.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:50 AM

Sorry about your son. I too concur with Julie. I was allergic to eye drops given to me end of August. By three weeks later I felt 15 years older and numerous side effects and felt as though I didn't have long to go. Changed them and feel OK. Still a few side effects but not like those first drops.
Here are side effects to anti-depressant tablets. It does say you should go to the Doctors if the side effects are worse than your depression.
General side effects of depression medication

Some of the various side effects from the different antidepressants are:
• Dry mouth

• Urinary retention

• Blurred vision

• Constipation
• Sedation (can interfere with driving or operating machinery)

• Sleep disruption

• Weight gain

• Headache

• Nausea

• Gastrointestinal disturbance/diarrhea

• Abdominal pain

• Inability to achieve an erection

• Inability to achieve an orgasm (men and women)

• Loss of libido

• Agitation

• Anxiety

Hope he recovers soon.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-12-2013, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Sorry to hear about your son Stev,k2, it must be a real worry. Not having lived in UK for a long time I don't know if they have the same system there that they do here. Here we are given (if you wish) a special password exclusive to yourself and you can go online and access your medical records, including all treatments, medications given, etc etc, you can even have a 'consultation' with your doctor this way if you want to know anything about your medical notes, eg, why you are given this treatment etc etc. If there is such a system there perhaps you could find out more this way, or at least your son could.

I hope your son is feeling better now and there are no repeats of this.
Interesting - I doubt we can do that here online .....
You can access medical records though for a fee ....

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top