Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 11:47 AM

Re: Constant worry!

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Mmmm - could well be the medication, the problem is, they want you to stay on the medication, so to put up with the side effects ....
Not so.....if anyone has severe side effects from any prescribed medication they should go back to their doctor as there are alternative medicines that can be give.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 12:00 PM

Yes - you're right of course ....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Not so.....if anyone has severe side effects from any prescribed medication they should go back to their doctor as there are alternative medicines that can be give.
As I said, he's seeing his GP on Monday morning in the hope that he can either get to the bottom of this or change the prescription.
The thing is that there's still no absolute certainty though wether it's adverse reaction or allergy so he needs to see his GP.
We've seen him this morning and he's much better but still concerned about the low heart rate recorded at the hospital when he first got taken in and their mentioning a low white corpuscle count, but I thought that is a result of viral infections, unless you've been subjected to ionizing radiation of course.

That one I know about having been an industrial radiographer and Classified Worker but he's a postie! stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Interesting - I doubt we can do that here online .....
You can access medical records though for a fee ....

Yes, you're quite right Patsy, I had to do that a couple of years ago to get Mum's hospital records over a complaint.
The PALS people at the hospital were brilliant and pointed me in the right direction to start.
Doubt anyone will give you information Steve, the only way I can do it for Mum is because I'm her designated next-of-kin.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->

Well Pats, that's o.k. during office hours, but not much help weekends. This morning I went to see Mum and found her on the floor, but conscious and talking to me. There was no GP open till Monday, no MacMillan nurses till Monday and her carer hadn't turned up, also I've now been waiting 2 hours for 111 to phone me back and they still haven't done so. God knows what will happen if she's bad over Christmas!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 02:21 PM

How awful for you Mups, does the doctor not have 'out of hours' .....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well Pats, that's o.k. during office hours, but not much help weekends. This morning I went to see Mum and found her on the floor, but conscious and talking to me. There was no GP open till Monday, no MacMillan nurses till Monday and her carer hadn't turned up, also I've now been waiting 2 hours for 111 to phone me back and they still haven't done so. God knows what will happen if she's bad over Christmas!
Sorry to hear that Mups.

We've had similar too with my Dad and my wife's former MIL collapsing or in dire need at weekends and the only option was hospitals.

In my Dad's case they were inundated with drunks and he was left to us to care for him on a trolley in a corridor off A&E for 8 hours.

You try Doctors but they are unavailable then hospitals moan about the extra workload on their resources.

If the NHS is ever to get to grips with its problems it needs to address out-of-hours problems properly because we can't all fall ill in office hours! stevmk2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:00 PM

If heaven exists Mups, there must surely be a place reserved for you (especially as there were no expletives in your post ).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Sorry to hear that Mups.

We've had similar too with my Dad and my wife's former MIL collapsing or in dire need at weekends and the only option was hospitals.

In my Dad's case they were inundated with drunks and he was left to us to care for him on a trolley in a corridor off A&E for 8 hours.

You try Doctors but they are unavailable then hospitals moan about the extra workload on their resources.

If the NHS is ever to get to grips with its problems it needs to address out-of-hours problems properly because we can't all fall ill in office hours! stevmk2
This is what infuriates me with GPs and the dopey Labour government. The new deal that was struck with GPs was, by the GPs reckoning, going to give patients a better deal and also allow them time for a private life. I suppose one out of two isn't considered falling short of the mark.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:44 PM

Mups, the 111 system is notoriously unreliable. Can you not call the GP out of hours number or does that all have to go through 111 now too?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top