Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 09:33 AM

Re: Bronchitis

Oh dear Audrey. Hope you feel better soon. Its no fun coughing constantly. I had my niece here the other day and she brought little
Mia my great niece. She has bronchitis at the moment but that's
because she was premature at birth so runs to the complaint.
Audrey do you put water around your house near the radiators. They
say that a lot of the coughing is due too to the dryness of the heating.
So putting water near it helps. Get better soon.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 10:14 AM

AudreyII you have my sympathy for years I suffered with at least 2 bouts of bronchitis a year. Then 1999 dx with alpha1zz emphysema related. Used to spend all my waking hours coughing up allsorts from my chest..
Long term antibiotics is the answer if you have a good gp or consultant he will prescribe them or you can also take a herbal tablet that I have taken every morning now for the past 2 yrs called Rhodiola builds up your immune system to bugs that cause chest infections and other things. Works for me I don't get infections these days and I don't need o2 anymore except on very windy or very humid days.
You may find these things help you.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
It's got me... and got me good. I have been coughing up my lungs for 2 weeks. Nothing seems to help. I get this crud every 2 or 3 years, so It's not a constant thing, but when it hits.. it makes me crazy. Not to mention the cost of Tenas for that embarassing complication. I'm miserable.
Oh dear...constant coughing is so wearying...

I hope you get better soon, being a nurse yourself you don't need any advice......just take care of yourself.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Oh dear...constant coughing is so wearying...

I hope you get better soon, being a nurse yourself you don't need any advice......just take care of yourself.
Thanks... I'm so tired of it. My rib muscles are so sore. I do have some pretty good cough syrup from the doc, but it's narcotic so I try to take it only before bed. I also have a Flovent inhaler. (steroid) It helps for a short time. Funny thing is, I feel better in the morning but get gradually worse toward the end of the day. Hubby says it's because our cortisol levels fall at night. who knows.. I think I have turned the corner though.. but it's two steps forward one step back.. I'm exhausted.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 05:29 PM

Thanks... I'm so tired of it. My rib muscles are so sore. I do have some pretty good cough syrup from the doc, but it's narcotic so I try to take it only before bed. I also have a Flovent inhaler. (steroid) It helps for a short time. Funny thing is, I feel better in the morning but get gradually worse toward the end of the day. Hubby says it's because our cortisol levels fall at night. who knows.. I think I have turned the corner though.. but it's two steps forward one step back.. I'm exhausted.
Yes hubby is right, highest levels are at about 6 - 8 a.m. and lowest levels are at about midnight.

Good to hear that you have turned the corner though.....take care.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 09:27 PM

Sorry to hear you have bronchitis Audrey it is exhausting isn't it. I was getting it every couple of months at one stage but I have been so much better since I was prescribed a new inhaler.

I could only sleep sitting up so never got a real nights rest which added to the exhaustion.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Audrey darlin' - have had several bouts of Bronchitis - one lasted more than 15 weeks. I had a Wright's Coal Tar lamp burning in my bedroom day and night throughout that time - it eased my breathing, but I don't think you can get that anymore. However what might help is some menthol crystals in an oil burner - they should also help you to breathe too. Good luck and pleased to learn that the Bronchitis is getting better.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top