Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2014, 09:11 AM

Re: Copper water pipes

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yes, but surely that is merely stating the bleeding obvious. I presumed I was not talking to a child.

I was under the impression that I was talking (writing) perfectly good English, when I said: "Yes Bruce they replaced lead piping for copper many decades ago in most instances (although I remember fighting on behalf of several tenants in the 1980s to get the Landlord to replace the lead piping). My point was, that if COPPER is now considered dangerous, there are millions of homes which have COPPER water pipes, not all of those can be safely removed, without destroying large parts of the accommodation to get at them".

Obviously Bruce, your command of the English language is not that that clever - perhaps I should arrange to have it translated into 'Strine' for you.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2014, 10:43 AM

I'm surprised that copper is now deemed a problem but like others have said, lead was much worse. I believe it is now a legal requirement for the water companies to replace any residential rising main service that is proved to be lead, with no charge to the property owner....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2014, 11:15 AM

Just spoke to a plumbing friend and he says all internal house water pipes are still copper.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top