Join for free
Page 6 of 65 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 07:30 PM

Re: I am all worn out

Oh dear, what a nightmare for you Mups

I sincerely hope you find a solution to this and everything works out well for you in the end. *hugs*
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Mups

I feel really sorry for you having to sort everything out on your own. I'm sure all of us on here will try to help you as much as possible and already some lovely offers have been made.

Firstly, I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that they have already started removing your kitchen?

Secondly, does your insurance cover you for alternative accommodation? If so, they have to supply somewhere 'like for like'. Moving out would be better if you possibly can. It would be better for you and your dogs and also allow the workman to complete quicker.

Get some advice before you agree to anything. Maybe a trip to your local CAB would be a good idea.

Sending you some hugs Mups. you know we are all here to help you if we possibly can.

Very sound advice LD.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Very sound advice LD.

Sorry dongle, I don't think I answered your question in my stress this morning. The answer is No, they haven't started moving anything yet. They have written the report on what they want to do, but haven't given a firm starting date yet.

I did like your idea of a storage thing, and will explore that more tomorrow.
I have the building inspector coming in the morning, so I am going to sit him down and show him these two reports and pick his brains.

Depends on the outcome of that meeting, I will talk to CAB to see if they can advise further.
IN the meantime, I must get my thinking head on and go sit down and read the small print of my policy about temporary accommodation.
Thank you. X
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Now you're talking. We could have a sort of geriatric love-in.

It's not so much Tess's snoring I'm worried about, it's her faulty exhaust!

Me, me, me....I want to come! And my snoring and exhaust fumes are better than Tess's.... truly are something to die for

Mups, I'm not much good at the written word... all I can say is I'm sorry you're going to have to go through all this. I appreciate it will be a total nightmare.

On the bright side, once the shock of 'how to cope' with the practicalities and the worry of your brood - you will find the strength to deal with it - you're such a positive person. You can do it petal.

I've absolutely no knowledge of this or how the insurance works.... but any chance you can have a new kitchen out of it? Bit of a pick-me-up for you?

And another positive, just think - you won't be able to keep making them brews if you can't get in there. That's a chore in itself
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Me, me, me....I want to come! And my snoring and exhaust fumes are better than Tess's.... truly are something to die for

Mups, I'm not much good at the written word... all I can say is I'm sorry you're going to have to go through all this. I appreciate it will be a total nightmare.

On the bright side, once the shock of 'how to cope' with the practicalities and the worry of your brood - you will find the strength to deal with it - you're such a positive person. You can do it petal.

I've absolutely no knowledge of this or how the insurance works.... but any chance you can have a new kitchen out of it? Bit of a pick-me-up for you?

And another positive, just think - you won't be able to keep making them brews if you can't get in there. That's a chore in itself

Ooh, that's true Pesta - thanks for the positive. x
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 08:54 PM

Sorry to hear of your dilemma Mups. I hope everything turns out well for you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:19 PM

I just had a look at the link, and they are over in Suffolk.
Surely that can't include a delivery/collection charge?
I will explore more tomorrow but you are a sweetheart for trying to help.

My head is all over the place at the mo dongles, there is too much going on for me to think any more today. If I keep going I will start making mistakes, and I can't afford to do that, I must keep a clear head.

While I was out this afternoon, the bloke phoned who's copy report I received today (after chasing them), he wants me to ring him back. It is a bit late now, he's probably finished for the day so I will make a list of what I want to ask him and call him in the morning.
I also have the building inspector from the council coming round in the morning to see this report and precisely what work it is they want me to get done before they start.
As I said earlier somewhere, he looks quite ferocious but he has been very kind in trying to help me with all this.

Regarding no cooking facilities, they said they will make me a food allowance because I will have to either eat out or get takeaways every night.
Well at least there's something enjoyable to look forward to.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:27 PM

For goodness sake Mups, stop whinging. Get together your clean undies and stay at my 20 bedroom castle.
Your dogs can roam in the 500 acres that surround us, including lakes, woodland and scrub.
You would be treated to michelin starred food and pampered for your every whim.

Joking aside, I hope that you can sort this out as soon as possible. If the above were true, You could stay as long as you wished.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2017, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
For goodness sake Mups, stop whinging. Get together your clean undies and stay at my 20 bedroom castle.
Your dogs can roam in the 500 acres that surround us, including lakes, woodland and scrub.
You would be treated to michelin starred food and pampered for your every whim.

Joking aside, I hope that you can sort this out as soon as possible. If the above were true, You could stay as long as you wished.

What do you mean 'you were joking'? And there was me just about to ask you to marry me!

(But thank you my friend) x
gasman
Kent, UK

26-07-2017, 09:56 PM

What do you mean 'you were joking'? And there was me just about to ask you to marry me!

(But thank you my friend) x
Listen Mupsy babes, if I could help you, I would.
If it wasn't for the fact that I am already married, I would ride my Honda 50 up to Northants to be with you and be near Silverstone, Mallory Park, Oulton Park, Donnington and Rockingham.
As long as I have a decent dinner when I got home from MY trials and tribulations travelling to different race circuits, then, your the one for me

Page 6 of 65 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top