Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 02:43 PM

Re: Garments not fit for the purpose..

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Yep Pixie. I use that excuse too
Its TRUE!! No excuses here...I've stayed the same size for over 35 years I'll have you know.

5ft 2 and proud of it!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Absolutely, Pixie. Drives me nuts.
I have always liked M & S for some things, but so much of their stuff is made in Bangladesh etc now, and the sizes are not remotely like English sizing.

I even bought a pair of joggers recently, and they were 5 ins. longer than it said on the label!!

I always have a tape measure in my bag now, and measure an item rather than take any notice of what it says on the label.
That's a good idea, I'm going to do that from now on!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Its TRUE!! No excuses here...I've stayed the same size for over 35 years I'll have you know.

5ft 2 and proud of it!

On a related subject, I've always been very lucky with my figure. I can eat what I want and never lose any weight.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 02:55 PM

That's a good idea, I'm going to do that from now on!
Saw a fascinating fact yesterday. During World War 1, the American government managed to persuade women to wear bras instead of corsetry. This created 17000 of steel to be saved, which was enough for 2 warships.

Just saying
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

29-06-2021, 03:01 PM

Saw a fascinating fact yesterday. During World War 1, the American government managed to persuade women to wear bras instead of corsetry. This created 17000 of steel to be saved, which was enough for 2 warships.

Just saying
It probably saved lives too...have you ever tried to breathe with a corset on? Not a fun time.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

29-06-2021, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have had the elastic 'go ' in under slips and knickers in the days they were held up by a single piece.

I also had a skirt waistband 'go' when I was shopping once and wearing a coat, I was suddenly conscious of my skirt around my ankles under the coat
LOL! Do you remember those bloomers with the thin elastic?

One Sunday afternoon, we were in the kitchen with Nanna. Nanna cooking Sunday roast - Grandad is in the back garden hanging out the washing. Nanna looks out the window and shouts "what is that IDIOT doing?"

Grandad has pegged one side of Nanna's bloomers on the line, then pulled the other side about eight foot along the line and pegged it there!

I've never seen anything so ridiculous!

Nanna's bloomers looked like a bed sheet instead of bloomers! LOL!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-06-2021, 03:04 PM

It probably saved lives too...have you ever tried to breathe with a corset on? Not a fun time.
Not a proper, proper corset. But I did wear a rubbery support type band around my back and midriff when I used to go cycling and had a bit of back pain.

But this was for support and not body shaping.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

29-06-2021, 03:08 PM

Not a proper, proper corset. But I did wear a rubbery support type band around my back and midriff when I used to go cycling and had a bit of back pain.

But this was for support and not body shaping.
Aye, well add the wires and hooks to it, and its a corset. Bloomin' ruffles didn't make a blind bit of difference either. Anyway, moving on...!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top