Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:15 PM

Re: Forum hierarchy

There is probably a heirarchy, but I won't play that game. I am in and out of here most of the time - flitting about like a butterfly,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I knew exactly what you were driving at Carol, but I still don't like cliques on forums, they always end in trouble, same for hierarchy, clique under an different umbrella.

A sensible post, Roxy and I agree with every word.
Best not go there.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I knew exactly what you were driving at Carol, but I still don't like cliques on forums, they always end in trouble, same for hierarchy, clique under an different umbrella.

IMHO it has much to do with the fairly recent rise of polarization in our society, with almost every subject now seemingly divisive and with little in the way of middle ground.
The "Marmite" effect must apply to everything and it seems that it's no longer acceptable to say "I can take it or leave it", oh no - you absolutely have to either love it or hate it!

Well I'm sorry but I often don't and I can in fact take it or leave Marmite; I will eat it if I'm so-inclined or it might stay untouched in the darkest recesses of the cupboard for month after month.

When it gets troublesome in forums is when the cliques develop and multiple contributors attempt to either ridicule or discount another contributor solely because their opinions are at odds.
But I guess that is the nature of the beast, with "beast" sadly smetimes being the operative word.

As for myself and any hierarchy I don't post regularly enough and when I do it's often in more contentious areas, so if there is a hierarchy I'm probably somewhere towards the bottom of the pile.
But it's a faceless forum, so who really cares?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:53 PM

I'm getting de ja vu.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Please do not start threads to discuss the site or its members, they always end in tears
Thank you ...

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top