Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 03:20 PM

Spring Fever.

Is anyone else itching to get out into the Garden? I've had a wee taste as I was out last Thursday giving the Lawns their first cut. Was wearing T-Shirt and Cutoff Jeans and feeling all warm and Spring like. Now I'm gagging at the Bit to get stuck in with the rest of the garden and it's turned so cold again...And that wind is Brass Monkeys So I'm stuck inside again.......wishing I was outside.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 03:33 PM

Re: Spring Fever.

I too, am impatient for Spring! I noticed on the weekend that the Garden Centres have loads of plug plants in stock, ready to be grown on and planted.

The clocks go forward 1 hour, two weeks this weekend so Spring is just around the corner!
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Yes that will be great to have the lighter evenings again. My Friend and I are great Walkers and we go 3 or 4 times a Week in the light Evenings. I was at the Garden Centre last Weekend and got some Primroses and Polyanthes to put in a few Tubs. It's cheered the Garden up with a wee Splash of much needed Colour.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 03:40 PM

Tell me about it!!!
I managed a couple of hours yesterday, planted my greengage tree but I was frozen, even though the sun was out. (my hand and back are suffering today)
Today is cold and dull and cloudy looks like rain.
To rub salt in the wound, I got my runner bean seeds in the post an hour ago
That's the trouble with me, I'm a fair-weather gardener
Clocks go forward, so soon?
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 05:49 PM

Gee not yet full of snow
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 07:09 PM

I'm with you ladies. I have done some tidying up but I can't wait to get stuck in. I spend most of my days, weather permitting, in my garden and although we have had some warm sunny days, we also are back to cold weather.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 07:29 PM

A lot of us are champing on the bit, and against my own best advice I've got some seeds going for the veg plot already, but I can always plant some more if they fail.
In B&Q today they were selling tomato plants 6" high! Madness....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 08:08 PM

How stupid Barry..I bet most of those that buy them haven't got somewhere warm to put them either.

Got to be honest, I've got some seedlings going..I couldn't wait either.
I'm going to be making newspaper pots tomorrow. I was given one of those wooden 'paper potters' from a grandchild at christmas. So the runner beans will be sown soon
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

11-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Made up my newspaper pots today and the runner beans are sown. I do like this paper potter, I have decided that as the thin seed trays get broken, I'll not replace them but will use the paper pots instead.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 09:40 PM

It has been really warm and sunny today and I have now pruned about half of the roses. All the the clematis survived and are sprutting and we have done quite a bit of weeding and tidying up. Also, the bench came out today. Spring is definitely on it's way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top