Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 12:58 PM

Unusual strawberries

I have never seen these before. Has any one else seen them or tried them? They look unreal I think

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/52047/Thom...Duo?src=emailg
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 01:36 PM

Re: Unusual strawberries

How unusual!

To me, they don't look as succulent as the normal red strawberry - maybe I'm wrong I wouldn't mind tasting one just to see the difference though!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 01:47 PM

They don't look as appealing as the usual red ones but may taste nice. Who will be our official taster then
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
They don't look as appealing as the usual red ones but may taste nice. Who will be our official taster then
If I saw them in the shop/supermarket, I would definitely buy them to satisfy my curiosity!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
If I saw them in the shop/supermarket, I would definitely buy them to satisfy my curiosity!
Me too, but it is a bit odd the eye expects to see red strawberries with the eye and we know what they will taste like, but when they are this colour although we are told they are just as succulent it is hard to imagine.

they would look good dipped in chocolate, but would disappear in a dish of cream.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Ooooh, they look different......I'd definitely like to try them
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

15-03-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Me too, but it is a bit odd the eye expects to see red strawberries with the eye and we know what they will taste like, but when they are this colour although we are told they are just as succulent it is hard to imagine.

they would look good dipped in chocolate, but would disappear in a dish of cream.
To be honest, they do look like unripe strawberries, don't they?!

Mmmm..... now you've got my taste buds tingling, Cate...... dipped in chocolate! Very nice - I bought some frozen chocolate strawberries last Christmas, they only took 10 mins to defrost and they were devine!

We shouldn't be talking about this while we are both on diets!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

15-03-2012, 06:33 PM

Get thee behind me with your tales of choccy strawberries.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 06:42 PM

You can keep them Cate, they look disgusting to me, who wants to eat raw mushrooms with measles, yuk!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 07:00 PM

"mushrooms with measles"
They do look odd but I'd love to try them..the article said they have a pineapple flavour

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top