Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 06:39 PM

Re: Bedding plants.

Well I've taken a chance and being a totally useless gardener have put bedding plants out in pots and troughs, so far apart from two pots, which I admit the plants were cheap and took a risk have zonked out but so far everbody else doing ok.

Me thinks the way the weather is though they will have to go into the shed till it warms up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
Well I've taken a chance and being a totally useless gardener have put bedding plants out in pots and troughs, so far apart from two pots, which I admit the plants were cheap and took a risk have zonked out but so far everbody else doing ok.

Me thinks the way the weather is though they will have to go into the shed till it warms up.
Fingers crossed your plants will survive Kath ..... surely this lousy weather can't go on for much longer!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 06:14 PM

I have known May be like this, usually when i am on holiday. When we lived in Blackpool you could sit in the doorway of the kitchen with the backdoor open and you could feel the warmth of the sun,but now its zilch for warmth and of course we seem to loose a couple of months ,one before summer and its all over in September.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 09:29 PM

I decided to take a chance and have started to put some of the bedders in their pots today, although I have chickened out tonight and lugged them back under cover - just in case.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 10:03 PM

Mine are all out, they will have to take their chances now.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 10:43 PM

Decisions, decisions..I've got some bedding out hardening off and they are all in polystyrene trays (I save the trays of bedding that I buy and throw them when they break up)
I'm going to put a lot more out tomorrow, and pot-on some others. I'm running out of room in the greenhouse, so another job for me is to clear the benches...to make more room for sewing more seed

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top