Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 08:53 AM

Re: ever been told you are dead (true story)

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No comment to offer on that one above. But there is a psychiatric condition where people honestly believe they are dead. It is called Cotard's Delusion.
I often awake thinking myself how very lucky I am that I did not wake up dead. That follows a heart attack some years' back but I've never heard of that condition.

How horrible to have to have a condition like that!

I do know of something similar to the OP though, not quite the same but equally distressing. A friend of mine, whose husband had died, and after her notifying utility companies about this, received a letter of notification addressed to "Mr. & Mrs. xxxxxxx" and going on to say how sorry the company was to hear that news. Not exactly very sympathetic though was it!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:06 AM

Probably churned out by a computer .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Probably churned out by a computer .
Yes, more than likely but also very distressing for the recipient. She just did what was necessary to change it over to her as the new, and very reluctant, account holder.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:30 AM

May if you don't believe me go over to Dogsey and ask SueL who is my wife
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No comment to offer on that one above. But there is a psychiatric condition where people honestly believe they are dead. It is called Cotard's Delusion.
That is very creepy. Current research links the disease to Capgras delusion, a condition that causes sufferers to believe that the people around them have been replaced by imposters.
Creepier.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:08 AM

Oh puleeeze!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Oh puleeeze!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top