Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 02:10 PM

Re: Cleaning

I hate cleaning but I have two dogs and they are a nightmare in the sort of weather we have been having recently and I have to wash down the floors almost daily. My house is not huge, but it is a family house and there are four bedrooms, a big bay window, a large hall, two bathrooms and a conservatory to keep clean. Without including the conservatory there are 16 largish windows to do. There are hard floors in every room downstairs (except the lounge) and because I have the two mucky dogs and I can't bear mucky floors, the floors need doing very regularly, almost daily. I also have 4 grandchildren who come for meals after school on 3/4 days a week.
Because I hate a dirty house I have just recently treated myself to a lady who comes for two hours once a fortnight. When she has been I know that all my downstairs is clean (she can't do much more in the two hours) but what she does do helps. I take care of my own toilets/bathrooms (can't ask someone else to do those). Windows I do when I can (or when I can't stand them any longer) and OH helps, but he is 83 and he does the garden and all the outside work.
I think we are getting to the stage where we need to downsize, but we have been in this house for over 30 years and it will be quite an adjustment to make. OH doesn't want to move either.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Art,

I just stand my Karcher on the kitchen window ledge, so that visitors will think I'm posh!

When they're not around I attack the windows with a bucket of warm water - with nothing but vinegar in it!

Then I use a window scraper to wipe it off.

I never bother with the upstairs! (on the outside)
Ted, l just got one as I thought it would make the task easier.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
That's quite a caravan you've got. Not sure that it's fair to claim that disused car park is yours though
Dext, Would you like to buy some heather to bring you good luck and do you want a price from me to tarmac your drive?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2019, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Were there no instructions with it?
Yes, there were, Longy but they are weird pictures. I must look on YouTube.
I’m sure it’s easy to use but it’s just getting started.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F9710A99-E579-4D04-83FB-678369456B59.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	11026   Click image for larger version

Name:	A0EC2855-F99A-4056-A557-D1BD8F100BFD.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	11027  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I don't understand?....have you seen her garden....she has an acre,of a beautiful garden...
Pauline, Only Swimmy has been to my house and seen my garden but it was about 5 years ago.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, Only Swimmy has been to my house and seen my garden but it was about 5 years ago.

I have seen a picture of your garden...it may have been only part of it.

You posted the pic on here,Art...it looked beautiful...a lot of work I would imagine.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 03:34 PM

***** Posts will be removed.

Please do not discuss other members on the forum.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have seen a picture of your garden...it may have been only part of it.

You posted the pic on here,Art...it looked beautiful...a lot of work I would imagine.
Pauline, If the lawns are cut regularly, the hedges cut and the shrubs pruned, it looks beautiful.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 03:42 PM

Four dogs and one daughter here in the subtropical swamps of Florida, I am forever at war with Mother Nature who is trying to bring this place down one speck of dirt, one vine, one mold sport at a time. Scrub, dust, vacuum I go through my days while the house sings:

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 03:47 PM

Lol,surfer mum ..

I have seen a pic of your house....it looked like a picture from a Home magazine....

Beautiful..

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top