Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:07 PM

Of complaints

there were almost 25000 complaints to ofcom regarding Ashley Banjo and his BLM dance routine with Diversity dance trouo. Now it seems Aleisha Dixon is also making a statement about BLM by wearing a necklace with the letters BLM.
Do you think it right that Ashley and Alesha should be making a political statement on an entertainment show?

I'm not sure they should be bringing politics into Britain's got talent . I found the dance routine quite depressing.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:15 PM

Re: Of complaints

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
there were almost 25000 complaints to ofcom regarding Ashley Banjo and his BLM dance routine with Diversity dance trouo. Now it seems Aleisha Dixon is also making a statement about BLM by wearing a necklace with the letters BLM.
Do you think it right that Ashley and Alesha should be making a political statement on an entertainment show?

I'm not sure they should be bringing politics into Britain's got talent . I found the dance routine quite depressing.
Don't watch BGT any more but do I think they should be making political statements? Not on a family entertainment show, no.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Don't watch BGT any more.
Nor me.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:22 PM

Why should all TV before the watershed (or always>?) be 'safe', anodyne , personality-free and gauged to satisfy the Tory party and other Right wing abominations, the Mail and other fellow travellers?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Why should all TV before the watershed (or always>?) be 'safe', anodyne , personality-free and gauged to satisfy the Tory party and other Right wing abominations, the Mail and other fellow travellers?
You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my 5 roubles
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:27 PM

It was not neseccary to bring in BLM politics.

All lives matter no matter what colour cast or creed .

Saying that I loved the dancing but it left me feeling uncomfortable
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:38 PM

I don't see why they are complaining anyway, as I would have thought Ashley Banjo and Aleisha Dixon had done very well for themselves in this country and have probably got more privileges than a lot of white people here.

I also don't think either should be using their work as a lever for politicial stuff too.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

24-09-2020, 03:48 PM

The woke thought process seems to be " you're only worthwhile if you are different. Tradition and status quo are immoral. White is bad, white male is worse, white heterosexual male is the root of all evil in the world."
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 04:12 PM

'Woke' has replaced PC gone mad' as the favourite distress call of the bigot. And as with tall the other bilge they spew out, it says more about their lack of comprehension than anything else. See for example,
The woke thought process seems to be " you're only worthwhile if you are different. Tradition and status quo are immoral. White is bad, white male is worse, white heterosexual male is the root of all evil in the world."
Vlad
West Midlands UK

24-09-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
'Woke' has replaced PC gone mad' as the favourite distress call of the bigot. And as with tall the other bilge they spew out, it says more about their lack of comprehension than anything else. See for example,
So I am a bigot?
And you are a pop poo head

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top