Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 12:29 PM

Re: Boris puts 20% VAT back on Facemasks and Glovess.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Arent the dinner ladies volunteers Annie??
If they use Jamie Oliver to do it its bound to cost a lot??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Dinner ladies are volunteers who keep a check on the children to make sure they are eating their dinners properly and offer any help if needed. They also watch over them when they are playing in the playground after. They do not cook the food.

I was a Dinner Lady many, many years ago
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I do keep telling you that it's not me who is out of touch and you keep proving me right.

He's still at school - and legislation doesn't relate to what goes on a plate I assure you.
It's worse now he's in senior school but he loves all the pizza and nachos.
Your son's experience doesn't mean other schools don't provide healthy meals. Any food is better than starving through lunch and wasting education resources on kids who cannot focus as their blood sugar is too low.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Perhaps if Councils ringfenced monies meant for families facing hardship instead of squirreling it away to get the interest, it might help.
Also, surely extra funds for food being given in the form of coupons redeemable at any food shop or supermarket would be better and would ensure it was being spent where it was meant to be spent.

As for the usual complaint of ''stigma'' attached to providing coupons as the usual excuse not to be paid in cash ? surely during this time where many are in danger of losing their job due to the pandemic, this certainly doesn't apply anymore.
IIRC when coupons were tried there was evidence of multiple attempts of exchanging them for booze & fags in both convenience stores and supermarkets.

Hull Asda workers 'abused by parents trying to buy Lego, bras and Carling with free school meal vouchers'
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...uchers-4127212

There were various stories throughout national media too.
It just goes to show how desperately food is needed (as in not at all) and yet the do-gooders ignore this.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Dinner ladies are volunteers who keep a check on the children to make sure they are eating their dinners properly and offer any help if needed. They also watch over them when they are playing in the playground after. They do not cook the food.

I'm sure you were a lovely dinner lady Mags. We had a very scary one in the 70s who used to tell you off for not eating everything.

They probably contract out the cooking these days.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Your son's experience doesn't mean other schools don't provide healthy meals. Any food is better than starving through lunch and wasting education resources on kids who cannot focus as their blood sugar is too low.
Indeed it doesn't but it's far more of a "pointer" than the suppositions of those with zero real-world current experience.

I note that you're now back-tracking to "any food is better" in preference to your "nutricious food" assertion.

It's all moot anyway.
The sheer amount of noise will make sure things change even though commonsense dictates there is no real need.
No doubt any change will be condemned too in one way or another; it's another "lose/lose" situation - and a pro. footballer and his "pet" BBC journo are responsible for not just whatever added debt to the economy this farce accrues but also for increasing the nanny state!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm sure you were a lovely dinner lady Mags. We had a very scary one in the 70s who used to tell you off for not eating everything.

They probably contract out the cooking these days.
What if some non-core activities ARE contracted? It'll most likely result in greater efficiency at the very least. For that matter what if CORE activities are contracted out? Privatisation inevitably results in a bigger bang for the buck aka greater efficiency.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What if some non-core activities ARE contracted? It'll most likely result in greater efficiency at the very least. For that matter what if CORE activities are contracted out? Privatisation inevitably results in a bigger bang for the buck aka greater efficiency.
More likely to result in bigger bucks in Virgin islands banks l
think Todgy ??? AKA. tax dodging??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

I think l was before your time Mags?
I remember we had to queue up with our plates to be served at the
counter, a bit like oliver twist? and got served with mostly overcooked
cabbage and taters !! The only difference between us and Oliver
Twist was, we didnt ask for more??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
More likely to result in bigger bucks in Virgin islands banks l
think Todgy ??? AKA. tax dodging??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Nothing wrong with tax avoidance. Nor with making a profit.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-10-2020, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Nothing wrong with tax avoidance. Nor with making a profit.
Did l say there was Todgy???

Donkeyman! 😇😇

PS, Where tax dodging is concerned there is though!!

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top