Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 03:41 PM

Re: Boris puts 20% VAT back on Facemasks and Glovess.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What if some non-core activities ARE contracted? It'll most likely result in greater efficiency at the very least. For that matter what if CORE activities are contracted out? Privatisation inevitably results in a bigger bang for the buck aka greater efficiency.
I believe this was in relation to what costs were covered by the 2.30 per child and not a procurement discussion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I think l was before your time Mags?
I remember we had to queue up with our plates to be served at the
counter, a bit like oliver twist? and got served with mostly overcooked
cabbage and taters !! The only difference between us and Oliver
Twist was, we didnt ask for more??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
It was just the same in the 70s
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I believe this was in relation to what costs were covered by the 2.30 per child and not a procurement discussion.
I stand corrected Annie !!

Dokeyman! 🤔🤔
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 04:11 PM

Its 2.30 a child per day vouchers during school holidays that is being refused by the government. By the way you have to include preparation costs in the total. It's not prepared by hogwarts elves.
What? Crack open a couple of eggs to poach? Open a can of beans and heat in a saucepan or in a microwave? Bake potatoes in the oven? Pennies at most, dear Annie, pennies at most.

While we were in Tesco this morning I took a look at the prices of ready cooked chickens - cheap as chips at £3 each. Big enough to feed a family of 4 or 5 when served with a few "wonky" veg, potatoes and a drop of Bisto gravy in my opinion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-10-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
What? Crack open a couple of eggs to poach? Open a can of beans and heat in a saucepan or in a microwave? Bake potatoes in the oven? Pennies at most, dear Annie, pennies at most.

While we were in Tesco this morning I took a look at the prices of ready cooked chickens - cheap as chips at £3 each. Big enough to feed a family of 4 or 5 when served with a few "wonky" veg, potatoes and a drop of Bisto gravy in my opinion.
Some of these kids are in temporary accommodation with no cooking facilities.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 04:22 PM

You think you've got an answer for everything don't you? I couldn't give a fart whether they have cooking facilities or not. There is bound to be a microwave, cooker, hot plate somewhere in the property they could use if they're prepared to look instead of sitting on their arses all day long waiting for someone to wait on them hand and foot.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 04:24 PM

Even B&B temporary temporary accommodation includes a basic breakfast and people insuch accommadation are provided with enough gelt to buy food for themselves and their brats.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 04:25 PM

the two are inseparable.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I think l was before your time Mags?
I remember we had to queue up with our plates to be served at the
counter, a bit like oliver twist? and got served with mostly overcooked
cabbage and taters !! The only difference between us and Oliver
Twist was, we didnt ask for more??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Yes DM, the children still had to line up with their plates to collect there dinner. Dinner ladies were what I suppose you would call today Supervisors, who made sure children could find a seat, not talk (too much) at the table and ate their food properly ..... they had nothing to do with the kitchen itself.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-10-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
You think you've got an answer for everything don't you? I couldn't give a fart whether they have cooking facilities or not. There is bound to be a microwave, cooker, hot plate somewhere in the property they could use if they're prepared to look instead of sitting on their arses all day long waiting for someone to wait on them hand and foot.
There have been extensive reports on the circumstances some of these families are in. Some live in B&B accommodation with no cooking facilities. It's a different world from the way most of us live.

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top