Join for free
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 08:33 AM

Holiday traditions!

What’s your favorite holiday tradition?

Mine is at Christmas - putting up the Christmas tree on the 7th of December and having the family sing the hymn/carol “O Christmas Tree” very off tune!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 09:10 AM

Re: Holiday traditions!

Christmas - champagne and smoked salmon for breakfast and - much later - the turkey dinner with al the trimmings.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Christmas - champagne and smoked salmon for breakfast and - much later - the turkey dinner with al the trimmings.
Nice breakfast! A Turkey roast is delicious
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Bah Humbug!

I watch "A Christmas Carol" every year!

My favorite version was the one Harry Secombe was in!

MORE?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 09:24 AM

Cold Christmas dinner with various meats, BBQ'd seafood, salads of various types. Some ice cold beers and or wines and a nice day with the family out the back. Maybe down for a surf or a swim after a few hours then back home for the evening. Boxing day some years it's down to the city to find a vantage point somewhere on the harbour to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race or otherwise watch it on TV. Then the boxing day test from The Gee if it's on
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

28-10-2020, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Cold Christmas dinner with various meats, BBQ'd seafood, salads of various types. Some ice cold beers and or wines and a nice day with the family out the back. Maybe down for a surf or a swim after a few hours then back home for the evening. Boxing day some years it's down to the city to find a vantage point somewhere on the harbour to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race or otherwise watch it on TV. Then the boxing day test from The Gee if it's on
Sounds great! We have a sunshine Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere and the best Rugby and cricket
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

28-10-2020, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Bah Humbug!

I watch "A Christmas Carol" every year!

My favorite version was the one Harry Secombe was in!

MORE?
That’s a wonderful tradition!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:24 AM

Watching 'A Christmas Carol' (the Jim Carey) animated version and 'National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.'

Another tradition is displaying old Christmas cards that I have saved from family members that have sadly passed away. A bit of a reunion.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 11:06 AM

One DVD I must watch every year is 'The Flight of the Reindeer' with Beau Bridges as Santa!

Have several (8) versions of 'A Christmas Carol' including one with Patrick Stewart and, of course, The Muppets - so any or all of them will be watched.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 03:23 PM

Then there's "It's a Wonderful Life".

Yippee!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top