Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 03:17 PM

Re: Flu vaccinations are early this year.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A virus can evolved into different strains, How do Dr's know it work on a new strain of the virus if the vaccine has not been tested against it?
That is why the vaccine manufacturers use a blend of 3 or 4 viruses to make up the vaccine at the start of each year's flu injection campaign. According to Wiki: Flu vaccine is usually grown by vaccine manufacturers in fertilized chicken eggs. In the Northern hemisphere, the manufacturing process begins following the announcement (typically in February) of the WHO recommended strains for the winter flu season.

V has just phoned our doctor's surgery and made appointments for us to have our jabs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 03:27 PM

The thought of having alien material pumped into my body or the basis that it MIGHT prevent something is horrible.

The risk of that material (liquid) which may be already contaminated, as I guess they don't test every sample , is far higher than what it is supposed to prevent.

If it was to save a life then that is a different matter as well I know

A human body builds up its own antibodies to prevent the body from getting a lot of illnesses and the flu jab takes that that prevention away .

Just ask your Dr how long it lasts for and you will not get a definate time because they can't. May only work for a couple of days or a few months.

FLU jabs ? steer well clear. I would want to know a hell of a lot more first
Such as =
when was the vaccine made
Is it near the use by date or past it already
what is the "life spam" of the vaccine
how long does it work for in a human body
What checks have been made on that particular batch
How many times has it been handled
How secure was it stored to prevent contamination
What reaction may some bodied have to it
would mine react badly
Does blood type make a difference
would previous illnesses cause concern that it might not work
I have never had one.
But I would go for the corona vaccine ( I think )
Providing it had been tried out on some heinous murderers first .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 09:48 PM

Only had the flu vaccine the once in 1972 when I started a new job. Apparently the management paid for all the employees to have the jab if they wanted one.

Following the vaccination I had the worst bout of flu I've ever had. Needless to say, I never had one ever again.....
I'll just avoid people and take my chances with flu and covid thank you. I have no wish to try and talk anyone else out of it, I'm not qualified, you do what you think is best.....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:37 PM

Those who have the jab should be isolated for 14 days so they don't spread the flu from the tab
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 11:13 PM

Those who have the jab should be isolated for 14 days so they don't spread the flu from the tab
That's complete rubbish RS
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 11:45 PM

Why?
It is not a 'Live' vaccine they use.

* Quote:

Is flu vaccine a live vaccine?

The injected flu vaccine given to adults contains inactivated flu viruses, so it cannot give you flu. The children's nasal spray flu vaccine contains live but weakened flu viruses that will not give your child flu."
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Only had the flu vaccine the once in 1972 when I started a new job. Apparently the management paid for all the employees to have the jab if they wanted one.

Following the vaccination I had the worst bout of flu I've ever had. Needless to say, I never had one ever again.....
I'll just avoid people and take my chances with flu and covid thank you. I have no wish to try and talk anyone else out of it, I'm not qualified, you do what you think is best.....
Foxy, there may be a shortage of Flu vaccines this year, so the one you don't have could save somebody else's life. we just all need to make the right choice for ourselves.

Realspeed, why try to criticize the Flu jab, when you obvioulsy do not understand how it works? Nobody needed to isolate when we all had polio, smallpox & other similar live vaccines..... and very few people get these disieases now, in the UK. Aren't you getting carried away with the fear of Covid virus ... when that could be a virus that was deliberately developed to harm people?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 08:02 AM

A virus can evolved into different strains, How do Dr's know it work on a new strain of the virus if the vaccine has not been tested against it?
They pick the strains that look most likely to hit the world in the season. Usually they seem to start in South East Asia and Australia.

They do test it works.

They don't always predict the right strains and when they occasionally get it wrong more people here die.

It doesn't cover you for all strains in the world just the top 3 or 4 (usually the worst culprits). That's one reason some people still get flu even if they have the vaccine, but it gives you a far better chance than not having a vaccine.

The virus they give you is dead so it cannot replicate.

Vaccination isn't just about self-protection but the protection of the wider group.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They pick the strains that look most likely to hit the world in the season. Usually they seem to start in South East Asia and Australia.

They do test it works.

They don't always predict the right strains and when they occasionally get it wrong more people here die.

It doesn't cover you for all strains in the world just the top 3 or 4 (usually the worst culprits). That's one reason some people still get flu even if they have the vaccine, but it gives you a far better chance than not having a vaccine.

The virus they give you is dead so it cannot replicate.

Vaccination isn't just about self-protection but the protection of the wider group.
Don't take this personally Annie But, you can't use that old chestnut....
Your Health is Your responsibility, and putting your own health on the line because it might affect the wider group is nonsense. I believe that having the vaccine will adversely affect my health, so I will not have one and I will not feel guilty, even though that is what that statement is trying to achieve....

With today's vaccinations there is a list of chemicals as long as your arm...In the fifties when I had all the usual vaccines you could count the number of additives on one hand. Why is that?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't take this personally Annie But, you can't use that old chestnut....
Your Health is Your responsibility, and putting your own health on the line because it might affect the wider group is nonsense. I believe that having the vaccine will seriously adverse my health, so I will not have one and I will not feel guilty, even though that is what that statement is trying to achieve....

With today's vaccinations there is a list of chemicals as long as your arm...In the fifties when I had all the usual vaccines you could count the number of additive on one hand. Why is that?
Hi

It is a personal choice, but also a personal liability.

Others should not pay for your choice.

If you choose not to have any vaccine you should be charged the full costs of any treatment you require.

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top