Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 11:12 AM

Re: Flu vaccinations are early this year.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a personal choice, but also a personal liability.

Others should not pay for your choice.

If you choose not to have any vaccine you should be charged the full costs of any treatment you require.
I could say the same about the people having the vaccine. They can wander around with a mild version and not be aware of the virus, and infect those who did not have the vaccine.

My body is my property and as such I decide what I put into it.
On your reasoning then, all smokers, drinkers, obese people, and people who attempt to fight others especially with a bad heart, should also be paying for their treatment?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I could say the same about the people having the vaccine. They can wander around with a mild version and not be aware of the virus, and infect those who did not have the vaccine.

My body is my property and as such I decide what I put into it.
On your reasoning then, all smokers, drinkers, obese people, and people who attempt to fight others especially with a bad heart, should also be paying for their treatment?

Fair comment Foxy.

You could even extend that and say anyone that gets run over should have looked where they were going, or if you had a heart attack when you were out running, you shouldn't have been running!

Begs the question - who should be eligible for free NHS help then?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 08:09 PM

I don't understand the science behind this view. When you have the vaccine you are told it won't protect you for two weeks. But after that period it's those who are un-vaccinated who will be spreading the vaccinated strains.

Are you referencing that (flawed) study that Realist used to post (about the vaccine causing flu transmission)?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a personal choice, but also a personal liability.

Others should not pay for your choice.

If you choose not to have any vaccine you should be charged the full costs of any treatment you require.
And we shouldn't have to pay for people stupid enough to go on cruise ships spreading Covid19 (plus other nasty outbreaks)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't understand the science behind this view. When you have the vaccine you are told it won't protect you for two weeks. But after that period it's those who are un-vaccinated who will be spreading the vaccinated strains.

Are you referencing that (flawed) study that Realist used to post (about the vaccine causing flu transmission)?
There is no logical scientific reason at all Annie, other than; because Swimmy was having a go at me for not wanting the vaccination.....

I won't be spreading the virus to anybody else though Annie, because if I have caught the virus I'll be too poorly to go out...And also, I hope to remain one of the 67,500,000 who haven't yet been infected....And to this end, I shall wear my mask, never go to crowded indoor places, and avoid people in general....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-09-2020, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And we shouldn't have to pay for people stupid enough to go on cruise ships spreading Covid19 (plus other nasty outbreaks)
Errrm!......
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 01:13 PM

There is no logical scientific reason at all Annie, other than; because Swimmy was having a go at me for not wanting the vaccination.....

I won't be spreading the virus to anybody else though Annie, because if I have caught the virus I'll be too poorly to go out...And also, I hope to remain one of the 67,500,000 who haven't yet been infected....And to this end, I shall wear my mask, never go to crowded indoor places, and avoid people in general....
As I posted earlier, it is a personal choice & anyway people like yourself who are sensible are unlikely to catch the virus and pass it on.
I will have the vaccination because , being diabetic means if I catch Covid19 I will have much less chance of surviving it. Mind you, it could be next spring before the jabs are available.... so I won't be coming round to kiss you Happy new year Foxy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-09-2020, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
As I posted earlier, it is a personal choice & anyway people like yourself who are sensible are unlikely to catch the virus and pass it on.
I will have the vaccination because , being diabetic means if I catch Covid19 I will have much less chance of surviving it. Mind you, it could be next spring before the jabs are available.... so I won't be coming round to kiss you Happy new year Foxy!
I couldn't possibly resist a kiss off you Twink, covid or not....
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:18 AM

Have a voucher from work for a flu jab,went on Boots site,can't get one its being kept for 65's and over at the moment.

https://www.boots.com/appointment-online-holding

Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability for the flu vaccine recommended for under 65s, we have had to suspend bookings for anyone under the age of 65
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Have a voucher from work for a flu jab,went on Boots site,can't get one its being kept for 65's and over at the moment.

https://www.boots.com/appointment-online-holding

Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability for the flu vaccine recommended for under 65s, we have had to suspend bookings for anyone under the age of 65
I think they are using the first stocks for shielded patients... those with illnesses like COPD, Diabetes & Stroke, at least that is what I have been told by my GP's practice. I had a letter telling me to attend next Saturday at 12.15 to get my Flu jab.
If you suffer from any disease, that puts you at greater risk, you should speak to your doctor's surgery.

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top