Join for free
Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 12:14 AM

Re: Flu vaccinations are early this year.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The schools are giving kids flu vaccine without parent's permission or notification, big arguments going on, so I've heard!
That's not on, if true!
Do they ask parental permission these days?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think parents have to give consent... here is a note from a website about this.

How will parent/guardian consent
be obtained?
A consent form and information leaflet provided by the
healthcare team will be used to seek parental consent.
Parents will also be provided with a contact number
for the healthcare team in case of any queries. Forms
should be returned by the deadline agreed with the
team. You may be asked to collect these forms from
parents on behalf of the healthcare team or it may be
done electronically.

This is the link.....
https://assets.publishing.service.go...adteachers.pdf
goodness! Times have certainly changed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 08:42 AM

Tessa, this link does not surprise me, the WHO have made lots of mistakes over Covid. It seems that anybody with a bit of power is wanting to control all of our lives and using our fear of Covid to do so! Basically they are saying " If you want your child to go to school, then whilst they are in school we will make important decisions about their care whilst they are with us..... so they will be vaccinated.
If a child does have a vaccination & develops a severe reaction that may kill them, I think it is unlikely that the parents would win a case, if they took the WHO to court!
I believe it is a sad fact that Covid is being used to control the people...... not just to save their lives, but so the powers that be can regain the control they used to have!

The link I posted was about rules in the UK, but if we are honest, can we believe anything we read on the internet, because we can always find another link that says the complete opposite?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 07:07 PM

Got a text from DOCS saying flu jabs can be booked .
The only trouble is the threee dates they have suggested , will be away .
Phoned them and explained so they said you can go to the chemist ,pay and have them there .
Is that right I thought they were free on NHS.
Any help please !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 07:21 PM

Apricot, I think you'll find you have to pay for Flu jabs at all pharmacies but they do vary in prices and I think over 65s get it free.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Apricot, I think you'll find you have to pay for Flu jabs at all pharmacies but they do vary in prices and I think over 65s get it free.
Thanks Mags ,that what I thought , so I suppose we will have to keep phoning DOCS until they have a slot & explain we are over 65 .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Got a text from DOCS saying flu jabs can be booked .
The only trouble is the threee dates they have suggested , will be away .
Phoned them and explained so they said you can go to the chemist ,pay and have them there .
Is that right I thought they were free on NHS.
Any help please !
Hi Apricot Boots used to charge £12 I think it is £13:99 now so not a huge amount.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

24-09-2020, 09:06 PM

No , I agree however everyone else gets things for free why shouldn"t I ? is my mantra
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The schools are giving kids flu vaccine without parent's permission or notification, big arguments going on, so I've heard!
That's not on, if true!
That is disgusting - and there would be big trouble if anyone vaccinated a child of mine without consent!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Thanks Mags ,that what I thought , so I suppose we will have to keep phoning DOCS until they have a slot & explain we are over 65 .
Apricot, if you and your other half are over 65 then you are eligible for a free flu jab at either your GP's surgery or at a local pharmacy. If, like us, you have it done at a pharmacy, you have to provide your details to the pharmacist (who then passes this on to your GP to say you've had the jab).

Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top