Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:51 AM

Re: Flu vaccinations are early this year.

Hi

Just had a phone call.

I am having mine this afternoon.

I am having it at home, I must stand on the doorstep with my sleeve rolled up and wearing a mask.

Being classified as high risk is weird.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just had a phone call.

I am having mine this afternoon.

I am having it at home, I must stand on the doorstep with my sleeve rolled up and wearing a mask.

Being classified as high risk is weird.

Being a little 'twitchy' about so many scammers at the mo, plus the Covid testing scams doing the rounds too, if I didn't know the nurse, that might make me a little nervous if a total stranger wearing a mask came and jabbed a needle in my arm.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Being a little 'twitchy' about so many scammers at the mo, plus the Covid testing scams doing the rounds too, if I didn't know the nurse, that might make me a little nervous if a total stranger wearing a mask came and jabbed a needle in my arm.
Hi

Really,?

You have a call from the surgery saying someone is coming this afternoon.

They arrive, fully shielded and knowing your name address and NHS Number.

They have an NHS Badge.

Paranoia rules.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:46 PM

Dr Harold Shipman.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:49 PM

I know two people that have had the jab this year and both have had quite bad flu symptoms lasting several days. I have mine tomorrow but I'm hoping it will be a different one to what they had because of the age group.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Really,?

You have a call from the surgery saying someone is coming this afternoon.

They arrive, fully shielded and knowing your name address and NHS Number.

They have an NHS Badge.

Paranoia rules.

.... deleted . . .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know two people that have had the jab this year and both have had quite bad flu symptoms lasting several days. I have mine tomorrow but I'm hoping it will be a different one to what they had because of the age group.

Good luck Dongle.
Let us know how it goes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-10-2020, 04:59 PM

Good luck Dongle.
Let us know how it goes.
If I'm well enough Mups, you know how bad Man Flu can be.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-10-2020, 05:00 PM

If I'm well enough Mups, you know how bad Man Flu can be.

Oh Gawd, here we go . .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 06:58 PM

LD it takes a number of days for the vaccination to create antibodies so if you are incubating a cold or flu when you have the vaccination you will still get the infection but it won't be caused by the vaccination .

The worst thing I ever get with the vaccination is a sore arm but I find if I give my arm a good massage straight after the injection it seems to lessen the chance of my arm being sore and if it is an ice pack helps.

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top