Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 06:10 PM

Djokovic disqualified from US open

Novak Djokovic has been disqualified from the US open after hitting a line judge in the throat with the ball. Djokovic is known for his bad tempered outbursts and just can't seem to control them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwr8DffGoRg
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 06:58 PM

Re: Djokovic disqualified from US open

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Novak Djokovic has been disqualified from the US open after hitting a line judge in the throat with the ball. Djokovic is known for his bad tempered outbursts and just can't seem to control them.

But didn't look like a bad tempered outburst to me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Serves him right then
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 07:22 PM

On the videos that I've seen he does appear to look at the lineswoman before hitting the ball .....

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 07:46 PM

Top sports people thing they can do what they like and don't have to obey the rules. Footballs are renown for it. What I don't understand is why they are not banished from the sport all together. Nothing like setting an example to stop other copying
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 09:21 PM

The withering look the poor woman gave him, certainly looks as if she was having trouble breathing, she was in shock as that would have been extremely painful.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
But didn't look like a bad tempered outburst to me.

Nor to me it was just bad luck the ball hit the woman .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 03:21 AM

The Joker is one of the better ones usually. Apart from his obvious talent, A good sport and a pretty good comic as well. It was totally obvious to me that he was sorry and apologised profusely. A balanced response is required. For the record he needs to be penalised. For not taking greater care where he hits a ball that is not in play. But proportionally. There are behaviours on the court from other players past and present that have been a lot worse and a lot more intentional than that with much less consequence. Of course if the lady needs further medical treatment he should pay every cent. He's good for it.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 07:58 AM

It didn't look intentional to me.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
It didn't look intentional to me.

Absolutely. As soon as he'd realised he'd hit her his reaction was immediate. You could see how shocked he was. As he said (I think) the attention should be on the woman. He took full responsibility for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top