Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 09:30 AM

Pain in ball of foot.

My hubby has excruciating pain in the ball of his right foot. It came on suddenly yesterday & it's agony for him to walk. He describes it as being like walking on pebbles.

Any ideas?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 09:37 AM

Re: Pain in ball of foot.

Poor Tony - that sounds really painful. Could be a damaged tendon, there are lots of them in the feet - but I would have thought he would have known how it became damaged. Best for him to rest it and call 111 for advice.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 10:12 AM

He hasn't damaged a tendon. It just came on suddenly yesterday for no reason at all.

He had it about a year ago & I remember mentioning it to the chiropodist. He said as you get older the pad of fat wears away under the sole of the foot. The bones press through & this causes the pain.

I believed him at the time but seeing as the pain went eventually & had now returned a year later I don't see that his explanation is correct!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 10:24 AM

OK - sorry.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 10:36 AM

Carol, 'tis true what your chiropodist said about the padding under our feet wearing thin, I have the same problem so the orthopaedeic man at the hospital told me.

I also agree with you about if that was the cause, I don't see how it could go away then return a year afterwards!

May I suggest you get him something like this below to start with until you can get to see a chiropodist again.

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/o...CABEgI32_D_BwE

Also, have a read of this:

https://www.physio-pedia.com/Metatarsalgia

Best of luck getting it sorted.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

06-11-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
OK - sorry.
Thank you for answering Tabby.
Your suggestion could have been right but I just know he hasn't damaged it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 10:40 AM

Mr Mags has suffered with pain on the ball of his foot on several occasions, I bought him some thick insoles for his shoes and they eased the and pain and it went in under 2 week. You can also buy gel pads to put in shoes, they give relief too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

06-11-2020, 10:52 AM

Thank you Mups & Mags.

I have just ordered him some gel pads from the link Mups posted.

I am now going to have a read of the other link.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thank you Mups & Mags.

I have just ordered him some gel pads from the link Mups posted.

I am now going to have a read of the other link.

The link is a bit hard going Carol, more for professionals I would say, but just google Metatarsal joint pain and find more info if you need it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

06-11-2020, 12:34 PM

I'll do that thanks Mups.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top