Join for free
Page 25 of 26 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 02:05 PM

Re: Over 50s Dating

Women have come a long way since the dark ages when we couldn't even vote. However, I am seeing women behaving very badly.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Yeh right!
I would

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Women have come a long way since the dark ages when we couldn't even vote. However, I am seeing women behaving very badly.
Women can be very naughty Cate

*runs
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 02:16 PM

Oh, so now I'm getting told off for insulting myself now! After all the rude jokes that have been on this forum about women and all the "nagging" comments etc, not to mention the comment about bald men with beer bellies! I find old men much more interesting to talk to than women is my view! I'm sorry if it offended you but there it is. GOODBYE!
I know I'm having an off day brain wise - but, have I missed something
Don't understand your post at all Twiz ......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 02:53 PM

Oh I forgot! I can't say, "Goodbye" because you can't leave! Hence why this is the largest forum!
You can't leave Twiz, where else would I get ideas and inspiration for MY Steampunk outfit?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 06:38 PM

What I find interesting is that most of the negative comments on here about Over 50's Dating sites (not the one's off thread), are from folk who already have partners, those of us who don't appear to be willing to give it a try, who knows we may get as lucky as the rest!
If you have a partner/spouse, just think about how you'd feel if for some reason they weren't there for you any more, leaving you alone. No matter how irritating and what faults they have!
I've had a quick look through - cant see negative comments, just those wishing the singles well - but it is a lot to look through - anyway gal, hope you are feeling better now .....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 06:52 PM

What I find interesting is that most of the negative comments on here about Over 50's Dating sites (not the one's off thread), are from folk who already have partners, those of us who don't appear to be willing to give it a try, who knows we may get as lucky as the rest!
If you have a partner/spouse, just think about how you'd feel if for some reason they weren't there for you any more, leaving you alone. No matter how irritating and what faults they have!
Excellent post!

Many of those negative posters will be single sooner or later and they really have no idea what that feels like!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2014, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Excellent post!

Many of those negative posters will be single sooner or later and they really have no idea what that feels like!
I hope this post is 'called for' - as its not very pleasant
Must have been some awful posts to get this reaction ....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 07:31 PM

No offence intended Pats, but from my own experience I have felt put down and subjected to snide comments by those who are not single.....not something I appreciate as I pointed out earlier.

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Haven't read through this thread - surprised if there are any negative comments, if I were single, I would be too wary - too cautious, so its not for me.
Do wish everyone success, would love to hear success stories
If you were single, you would be extremely wary and amazingly cautious, but because of your single status, you would still hope, still take (cautiously small) risks - simply because you're single and like any normal woman, would very much like to meet a potential partner.

Was my last post "called for"? Just pointing out facts - no one is getting any younger and it is statistically unlikely that two people in a relationship will decease together, unless some tragic event were to occur.

I am likewise amazed that those for whom the thread is not relevant should be attracted sufficiently to post - negatively or otherwise.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2014, 07:35 PM

Our opinion was asked for - I don't recall being insensitive and don't recall anyone else being so, unless I missed that, so - that's why I questioned the post.
I'll leave the thread then .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 08:03 PM

As far as I am aware those of us not single have really only said we wouldn't use the site, no one has said anything to warrant what is now being said.

Myself I would be odd if I said anything against computer dating as I met my husband by the initial computer dating method, they put your likes and dislikes into a computer and were matched with others who were compatible. Worked for us, but I have no need or want of another husband while mine is alive or if he sadly dies before me as no one could possibly be half as wonderful as he is. One has been enough for me.

Hope everyone else finds the one too.
But just please everyone be careful, meeting people this way needs to be done safely, I was young enough to be able to ask my grandfather to keep an eye on us from afar when we first met so he could make sure I wasn't walking off with anyone dangerous, I hope you all have someone who will care for you in that way too.

And I understood all views were asked for not just singles.

Page 25 of 26 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top