Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 09:27 PM

Re: Ketchup not so saucy

Originally Posted by paula ->
maybe our taste changes as we get older, but I find that not much tastes as it did years ago, beans...even heinz,don't taste the same.
I think the it's the taste of the product that's changed paula, due to the fact that many of the ingredients have been substituted for less fat, less sugar, and a shed load of preservatives.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
I suppose there's something to be said for making your own. I have one of my River Cottage Handbooks beside me at this very moment. Page 195...Roasted tomato ketchup. Hmm...looks delicious, it's not something I've ever tried before.
Might give it a go.
Have tried that one - it is very tasty!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Just like me Tabby.....
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 11:45 AM

yes Susan...I've found that too...it seems to be so thick half way down the bottle it wont come out without force...mayonnaise shouldn't be like that
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
In that case I should really give it a go Silver Tabby.
Less talk and more action on my part.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'll tell you what annoys me . I bought a plastic bottle of mayonnaise. The first few squirts came out ok but once it got half way down I had to take the blinking lid off , shove a knife into the thing and pull out sqidgy bits then I had to cut the lid off which infuriated me then I chucked 1/4 bottle of mayonnaise away because I couldn't get it out without making a mess .

Glass jars from now on

Grrrrr
I normally get Heinz Mayo in the jar but I have noticed recently that it is much thinner and runnier than it used to be. Sometimes difficult to get it from the jar to the plate without it dropping off the spoon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just like me Tabby.....
Are you squeezy?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-07-2020, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Are you squeezy?
I've always been squeezy in the hands of an attractive woman Longdogs.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:43 AM

Never touch ketchup.
Yukky stuff.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-07-2020, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Never touch ketchup.
Yukky stuff.
Same here Muddy. Ketchup, sauce, mayonnaise etc, I never use either, I like to taste what I'm eating and not the overpowering taste of an additive. A little mustard (only English) on my corned beef is nice though....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top