Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 01:08 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Tracks

I love that sound. I know that music well although I didn't know it was Sandy Nelson. Reminds me of Scarlet O'Hara by Jet Harris & Tony Meehan.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love that sound. I know that music well although I didn't know it was Sandy Nelson. Reminds me of Scarlet O'Hara by Jet Harris & Tony Meehan.
I don't know that one bud but I'll take a look.

Few more songs in a mo...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 01:48 PM

No.967: “Polaroid” by Richmond Fontaine (2003)
Richmond Fontaine were a four-piece from Portland, Oregon who were a big part of the Americana scene in the 1990’s-2000’s, a form of music which was based on crossover folk/blues/country with a strong emphasis on the lyrics. Lead singer Willy Vlautin (who I have met after a gig) is now a commended novelist. This song, Polaroid, is typical of their laid-back sound.

No.966: “Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain” by Willie Nelson (1975)
The great Willie Nelson, now 86, is just about the sole surviving country legend of the old guard. This beautiful song is from his Red Headed Stranger album.

No.965: “Georgia On My Mind”
by Michael Bolton (1989)
In the late 1980’s Michael Bolton and his permed mullet could do no wrong. A staple of MOR soft rock radio, this is from his massive-selling album Soul Provider album which included his breakthrough monster ‘How Am I Supposed To Live Without You’? I believe this version of “Georgia…” to the original by Ray Charles. Bolton’s amazingly powerful vocals are terrific.

No.964: “Long Time Man” by Tim Rose (1967)
Country singer Tim Rose and his 6-minute epic ballad detailing a man who is very down on his luck. All a country and western song needs to be.

Next time we're gonna be cranking things up a bit.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 11:20 PM

Yes,me too.
I thought it was used as a theme tune but can't find any reference to that.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Yes,me too.
I thought it was used as a theme tune but can't find any reference to that.
atlantic grand prix wrestling
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-10-2019, 12:42 PM

This thread is a complete waste of time if nobody is interested.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 01:17 PM

No.965: “Georgia On My Mind” by Michael Bolton

I think that song shows his voice at it's best. An amazing range he has there. as you say, he was a bit of a heart throb back in the day with his big hair and power ballads. Good choice Floydy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-10-2019, 01:28 PM

No.965: “Georgia On My Mind” by Michael Bolton

I think that song shows his voice at it's best. An amazing range he has there. as you say, he was a bit of a heart throb back in the day with his big hair and power ballads. Good choice Floydy.
He really does put everything into that song as if it was recorded in one take.

Not having a go at you and the couple of posters who do pop in here mate at all but it takes me at least half an hour to edit each batch of songs with the text, video posting, typesetting and so on.
Fair enough, members can post where they want on the forum but this isn't some narcissistic bloke showing off his y-fronts to flirt with the old ladies, it's an in-depth project that is going to time and effort.
Thanks for contributing mate. I probably need some time away from the forum to be perfectly honest.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Not having a go at you and the couple of posters who do pop in here mate at all but it takes me at least half an hour to edit each batch of songs with the text, video posting, typesetting and so on.
Fair enough, members can post where they want on the forum but this isn't some narcissistic bloke showing off his y-fronts to flirt with the old ladies, it's an in-depth project that is going to time and effort.
Thanks for contributing mate. I probably need some time away from the forum to be perfectly honest.
No problem Floydy.

Just pick it up again when you are ready.

I think your musical knowledge is greater than almost everyone on here bud (certainly mine), a lot of the songs you post, I have never heard of so I find it a bit difficult to comment sometimes. I think I must have been more on the commercial side of things.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Floydy, I don't think there are many people on OFF with an interest in this kind of thing. Brexit & far right tabloid hate, is far more popular. I find your chosen tracks quite fascinating, varied & obscure I'm following it, but the majority, so far, are alien to me. I'm looking forward seeing what's higher up the charts.

And I was serious about atlantic grand prix wrestling.

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top