Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 10:24 PM

Re: Taking the Knee on F1

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm just wondering if Hamilton may have shot himself in the foot......
I always record the F1 highlights in case I miss it, and also so I can wind through the endless adverts that always seem to accompany the race....And I've just watched a rerun of the race. Hamilton was given a penalty for an incident during qualifying which placed him in fifth place on the grid....He was later given a five second penalty for another incident on the last few laps of the race, that seemed to surprise the pundits who like me thought it was just a racing incident. That sent him back to fourth at the end of the race as Lando Norris [who was in fourth] had now been elevated to third and a place on the podium for Maclaren.

It was suggested by the race pundits that Mercedes could have let him pass Bottas to allow him scoot away and regain the five seconds and thereby producing a one two for Mercedes.....But they didn't....Is it possible that Hamiltons season is going to full of such mishaps? Has he embarrassed some powerful people who control F1? Just a thought.....
I think you maybe right. When Hamilton first went public with his support of BLM and spoke to the press about there being problems within the sport of F1, he embarrassed the sport, those who own it, those that run it and all the teams that participate in it.

Then in his second public speech to the press where he complained of the sports silence on BLM and also the drivers silence as well and that being silent is proof of the problem. This would have angered everyone in the sport because he is basically saying 'do as i do, if you don't then you are part of the problem'.

I do not think he will be champion this year BUT his team have to be careful because if he has a bad time then he will just say that his support of BLM is the reason why he is not champion but then Hamilton has to be careful because if he accuses his team of causing mishaps to make him finish lower in the field then he could be sued for defamation of character.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 02:03 AM

I'm just wondering if Hamilton may have shot himself in the foot.......
Perhaps that is why he had to kneel.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Both Mercedes had a problem foxy, they were told to avoid the kerbs, no point in racing ahead and risking the cars, better fourth than a dnf
I'm sorry Primus, position is everything in F1.....It's more about the cars and the name than it is about individual glory. Just look at some of the dubious decisions that have been made in the past...Overriding drivers with team orders to effect a better outcome for the team is commonplace. And it was the on the last couple of laps anyway. Hamilton has not suffered so much as a strong word in the past, it just seems so unusual.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps that is why he had to kneel.
He should be kneeling to Mercedes Bruce, they are the ones that pay his wages and gave him the glory.....Perhaps he thinks that he's bigger than them now....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-07-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I think you maybe right. When Hamilton first went public with his support of BLM and spoke to the press about there being problems within the sport of F1, he embarrassed the sport, those who own it, those that run it and all the teams that participate in it.

Then in his second public speech to the press where he complained of the sports silence on BLM and also the drivers silence as well and that being silent is proof of the problem. This would have angered everyone in the sport because he is basically saying 'do as i do, if you don't then you are part of the problem'.

I do not think he will be champion this year BUT his team have to be careful because if he has a bad time then he will just say that his support of BLM is the reason why he is not champion but then Hamilton has to be careful because if he accuses his team of causing mishaps to make him finish lower in the field then he could be sued for defamation of character.
Good post Dodge, nobody is bigger than the establishment....Not even six times world champion racing drivers....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 07:27 AM

I'm sorry Primus, position is everything in F1.....It's more about the cars and the name than it is about individual glory. Just look at some of the dubious decisions that have been made in the past...Overriding drivers with team orders to effect a better outcome for the team is commonplace. And it was the on the last couple of laps anyway. Hamilton has not suffered so much as a strong word in the past, it just seems so unusual.
That’s what I’m saying, Mercedes and any other team are only interested in the constructors championship, it matters not who is first or second, as long as they score as many points for the team
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-07-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
That’s what I’m saying, Mercedes and any other team are only interested in the constructors championship, it matters not who is first or second, as long as they score as many points for the team
So why didn't they order Bottas to move out of the way and let Hamilton score a one two for Mercedes?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 05:57 PM

So why didn't they order Bottas to move out of the way and let Hamilton score a one two for Mercedes?
Hamilton had a time penalty so wouldn’t have finished second
Why would they order Bottas out of the way,? if Hamilton was a genuine second it wouldn’t matter what order they finished, Mercedes would be happy for either driver to finish first or second
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 06:04 PM

I did read somewhere that the chip on Hamilton’s shoulder unbalanced the setup of his car and was responsible for him losing the race......’sorry....I know where the door is’
Primus1
York

10-07-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I did read somewhere that the chip on Hamilton’s shoulder unbalanced the setup of his car and was responsible for him losing the race......’sorry....I know where the door is’

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top