Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 10:18 AM

Re: YLM Britain ready to welcome Hong Kong refugees

As I understand, the Chinese have been buying up new build houses, apartments, golf courses, in fact, everything, in the UK, for a very long time!

Especially in the London area.

If I am not wrong, there could be a nice little solution, to the Hong Kong people who might need to come here.

That would be for the UK to seize all of those properties, especially the unoccupied ones, and move the Hong Kong immigrants into them.

Cuts our costs whilst, at the same time, preventing the Commies from claiming that all their people (those moving their money away from China) are all equal!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
As I understand, the Chinese have been buying up new build houses, apartments, golf courses, in fact, everything, in the UK, for a very long time!

If I am not wrong, there could be a nice little solution, to the Hong Kong people who might need to come here.

That would be for the UK to seize all of those properties, especially the unoccupied ones, and move the Hong Kong immigrants into them.

Cuts our costs whilst, at the same time, preventing the Commies from claiming that all their people (those moving their money away from China) are all equal!
Best way forward would be to give BoJo a slap on this one and accept NONE.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:22 AM

I agree with Todgy on this Ted,
The flaw in your idea is that uk is over populated allready?
Better to take the properties and move our people into them and
use them as council houses??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:28 AM

As Hong Kong is similar to a large anthill.
The Uk will seem quite roomy in comparison.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
As Hong Kong is similar to a large anthill.
The Uk will seem quite roomy in comparison.
We couldn't afford them. Our economy is dependant on invisible exports as it is. Unless every one of them produces much more in exports than they cost in imports it will be disastrous.

That would mean that the UK will have to offer tax haven financial facilities better than existing tax havens which would be possible but would open up a whole can of worms.

There is going to have to be a huge realignment of our economy as it is that will result in goodness knows what but a lot of people in the UK are in for one hell of a shock when the REAL austerity kicks in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We couldn't afford them. Our economy is dependant on invisible exports as it is. Unless every one of them produces much more in exports than they cost in imports it will be disastrous.

That would mean that the UK will have to offer tax haven financial facilities better than existing tax havens which would be possible but would open up a whole can of worms.

There is going to have to be a huge realignment of our economy as it is that will result in goodness knows what but a lot of people in the UK are in for one hell of a shock when the REAL austerity kicks in.

Hi

I agree with the bit in bold.

There are still jobs around.

Natalia, who is Polish, but been here for 7 years lost her job as front of house manager in a restaurant which has closed.

She has the work ethic, moved some distance to live with her mother in Wem.

Got a job the next day, minimum wage, 4 12 hour shifts and 3 days off.

She is working as a cleaner 4 hours a day on the other 3 days.

A very different work ethic to some of my neighbours.

They do not even get up until late morning.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-07-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree with the bit in bold.

There are still jobs around.

Natalia, who is Polish, but been here for 7 years lost her job as front of house manager in a restaurant which has closed.

She has the work ethic, moved some distance to live with her mother in Wem.

Got a job the next day, minimum wage, 4 12 hour shifts and 3 days off.

She is working as a cleaner 4 hours a day on the other 3 days.

A very different work ethic to some of my neighbours.

They do not even get up until late morning.
But it's in the Service Sector and so does not offset her costs of being in the UK and increasing our cost of imports by being so.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But it's in the Service Sector and so does not offset her costs of being in the UK and increasing our cost of imports by being so.
Hi

Rubbish.

Her full time job is in Manufacturing.

Her cleaning job is also in Industry, cleaning between shifts.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-07-2020, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Rubbish.

Her full time job is in Manufacturing.

Her cleaning job is also in Industry, cleaning between shifts.
Manufacturing what, is it an export product, and is her role direct or indirect in the workforce.

As for cleaning between shifts, that is a service sector job.

Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

10-07-2020, 11:42 PM

With you 100%. Same is happening in my country. Govt last year stamped down on this limiting the degree of foreign owned real estate.. specially properties those Chinese Commies were looking to snap up.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top