Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:50 PM

Re: Anxiety and depression

Hasn't this been discussed before in previous threads? I seem to remember doing a reply before
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You sound like one of those American Evangelist...the ones in white suits, who sweat a lot, shout hallelujah and ask you to donate a large sum in order to save your soul....are you?
I don't want your money. Your soul will do.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Hasn't this been discussed before in previous threads? I seem to remember doing a reply before
I don't know. I wasn't here. Its never too late to discuss anxiety and depression.
When I get too depressed I hand it over to God the Father. Hand Him all my cares and woes. He can handle it. Praise the Lord!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have suffered anxiety many times in my life and i.vectried different methods of coping, including a course of medication which I might add helped me tremendously.

I ve learned over the years how to cope with the attacks and find they come much less often as I ve gotten older.

My latest aid to help with my anxiety is a book I ve just ordered and waiting for it to arrive, it has some fantastic reviews.

Exercise definitely is a key factor in helping with mental illness. I think everyone suffers with some kind of mental illness during their lifetime, it's just finding a method of help that works for you as an individual and if that is a short course of medication then I think under doctors supervision that's ok, especially if the person is suicidal.
You are one of the few people I’ve met who agrees that most people probably experience some type of mental illness in their lifetime and exercise definitely helps relieve stress which is often associated with mental illness. Eating well and finding activities to keep the mind active are helpful also.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 10:28 PM

This is very interesting, and looks at alternatives to the usual medication that our psychiatrists dish out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPRsT-lmw8
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 10:35 PM

While everyone is rambling on, I am wondering what happened to Charlie, the thread starter?

He doesn't seem to have been back and posted any more.
Is it surprising?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Trainspotting? Building model boats in bottles? Collecting different shaped carrots?
Those are 'life affirming' ?

I have many hobbies but am not sure I would describe that way.

Food for thought.
precious
Brisbane Australia

03-09-2019, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Trainspotting? Building model boats in bottles? Collecting different shaped carrots?
I have no objection to those pursuits. If that is what works for you floydy.
But i would urge you to consider prayer as a life affirming hobby. That would open up your world to a whole new kaleidoscope of life giving possibilities. You will start to see God in all things.
What a transformation!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Those are 'life affirming' ?

I have many hobbies but am not sure I would describe that way.

Food for thought.
Originally Posted by precious ->
But i would urge you to consider prayer as a life affirming hobby. That would open up your world to a whole new kaleidoscope of life giving possibilities. You will start to see God in all things.
What a transformation!!
Oh dear folks, I was joking. Trying to instill a little humour into this miserable thread.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
What a transformation!!
Stop banging on about God will you? Nobody likes being preached to. You cannot change people's minds however much you think you can.
Keep your opinions to yourself.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top