Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:24 PM

Three identical Strangers Channel 4

This is fascinating - a documentary about triplets who are separated at birth and adopted separately.

Then one of them ends up going to the same college as one has just left. Friends say hello to him but he doesn't know who they are. They call him a different name. Then he meets his twin and it's amazing. Staring at each other stupified, they are looking in the mirror but it's another person.

The really crazy thing is that somewhere on the other side of the US a woman reads a news article and sees her friend's son (twice). It turns out there's a third brother.

Amazing true story which these days would not happen.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:52 PM

Re: Three identical Strangers Channel 4

They were all adopted by different families .
It was deliberately done as a social experiment. ( unknown to the adoptive parents)
A terrible thing to do to these babies .
Amazing how they met up as adults .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 12:14 AM

Yes I'm just finding out that they were part of an experiment. So shocking how their lives were so affected by that decision. They all three were wonderful guys. The sort you'd love as a friend or soulmate.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 12:59 AM

Annie, Was this a repeat as l have definitely seen a programme about them before and how they came to get back together.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-12-2019, 01:36 AM

Not sure Art. It's the first time I've seen it. It's not a new story though as they were born in 1961.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 08:07 AM

So sad that one of them committed suicide...and it's weird isn't it that no conclusions of the study were ever published. I wonder how many other twins/triplets were involved....terrible really.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 11:01 AM

Yes I'd seen it before but had forgotten the tragic ending..We'll never know why this experiment was started or by whom as that information is locked not to be opened for another 40/50 yrs? or so...why would They choose twins/triplets of Mothers with mental health problems...sounds like a thing the Nazis would have done.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yes I'd seen it before but had forgotten the tragic ending..We'll never know why this experiment was started or by whom as that information is locked not to be opened for another 40/50 yrs? or so...why would They choose twins/triplets of Mothers with mental health problems...sounds like a thing the Nazis would have done.
I was thinking that but didn't want to use the Nazi word

I saw this earlier in the year, it's horrible.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I was thinking that but didn't want to use the Nazi word

I saw this earlier in the year, it's horrible.
I'm sure We're not alone Nicol.. as it was a jewish adoption agency,I'm wondering were the birth Mothers/adoptive Parents Jewish too?..There was a hint that it was all financed by the Government,but We/They will never know as we'll all be dead by the time it comes to light,
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 01:41 PM

Half way through it . It is amazing that they met again . They said after meeting their birth mother there was no attachment . Very sad . Very wrong

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top