Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 02:16 PM

UK - Japan Trade Negotiations Start

If anyone is interested, here is Liz Truss' opening statement. I think Liz has been doing a great job behind the scenes and deserves a lot of thanks for her achievements so far.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...an-trade-talks
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 02:56 PM

Re: UK - Japan Trade Negotiations Start

A good start mentioning the past, the Japanese have a great respect for history.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 09:32 PM

An excellent speech Bread, it looks like things are looking up for the British and Japanese economy....And just as an aside.....My Qashkai is the best motor I've ever driven....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
An excellent speech Bread, it looks like things are looking up for the British and Japanese economy....And just as an aside.....My Qashkai is the best motor I've ever driven....
I hope the UK can preserve the trade they presently have with japan as part of the EU. After all, these negotiations are aimed at trying to keep what you otherwise lose by the end of the year when the transition period ends. As mrs truss states, that trade is very beneficial for the UK. I wonder if the japanese offer the same conditions now the trade with britain is no longer part of the bulk trade with europe.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I hope the UK can preserve the trade they presently have with japan as part of the EU. After all, these negotiations are aimed at trying to keep what you otherwise lose by the end of the year when the transition period ends. As mrs truss states, that trade is very beneficial for the UK. I wonder if the japanese offer the same conditions now the trade with britain is no longer part of the bulk trade with europe.

What you need to worry about is that Japan no longer gets any UK benefits as part of the EU trade deal. All the access to education, financial services, technology, pharmaceutical R&D etc come directly from the UK as part of our deal with them.

Expect the world to want a lot more from the EU if your trading arrangements are to be retained. Every time we offer something, its taken away from your part of the deal. Time to start panicking ...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You're such a party pooper Solasch, I wondered how long it would take for you to come and pee on our bonfire....
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 01:46 PM

Hey everybody, Your success during talks with Japan is really good news. Congratulations!

EU - Japan talks began 2013 and are still not finished. I hope that the UK will be a lot quicker.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-06-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Hey everybody, Your success during talks with Japan is really good news. Congratulations!

EU - Japan talks began 2013 and are still not finished. I hope that the UK will be a lot quicker.
You'll get trade deals a lot quicker too once you get rid of national vetoes

I reckon October will be about right.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You'll get trade deals a lot quicker too once you get rid of national vetoes

I reckon October will be about right.
If that is true, then tell me. In 2017 you told the EU that you were leaving. Sensible people like the british naturally immediately started to negoriate new trade deals to be effective after the transition period. Since then, how many trade deals did you close that are not rollovers from EU deals? I think none?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-06-2020, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You're such a party pooper Solasch, I wondered how long it would take for you to come and pee on our bonfire....
You started a bonfire? Why? To burn all bridges behind you?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top