Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 08:23 AM

Re: Misinformation.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Over here people have the opportunity to vote every 4 years. That is the moment to influence government policies. They vote for our house of commons, and house of lords (in a democracy those are elected too)

Referenda are no longer necessary here, moreover, we watched the drama of your 2016 drama and the four years aftermath. You can keep that sort of nonsense.

We get to vote on important decisions - you don't. You don't get to vote on who your leaders are and you can't get rid of them either.

You get more like North Korea every day .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 09:46 AM

Over here people have the opportunity to vote every 4 years. That is the moment to influence government policies. They vote for our house of commons, and house of lords (in a democracy those are elected too)

Referenda are no longer necessary here, moreover, we watched the drama of your 2016 drama and the four years aftermath. You can keep that sort of nonsense.
Maybe because your people have beem beaten down so often they have forgotten how to stand up for themselves
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Maybe because your people have beem beaten down so often they have forgotten how to stand up for themselves
We abolished referenda by? A referendum.

As you can see in the rioting taking place in your cities, there is more required to stand up for an issue than only screaming and throwing bottles and bricks.
Violence cannot substitute a democratic process.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 06:24 PM

We abolished referenda by? A referendum.

As you can see in the rioting taking place in your cities, there is more required to stand up for an issue than only screaming and throwing bottles and bricks.
Violence cannot substitute a democratic process.

Bit like vetoes - those are being abolished too
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Bit like vetoes - those are being abolished too
Yeah, the UK used to play that card every game. Why do you think everybody is happy you left through the backdoor?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-06-2020, 07:08 PM

Yeah, the UK used to play that card every game. Why do you think everybody is happy you left through the backdoor?

We vetoed everything because the ideology if the EU was that bad. You don't have many vetoes now ... you just get trampled over by Romania Spain and Poland who want your money and have more power.

Never mind eh ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-06-2020, 08:17 PM

We vetoed everything because the ideology if the EU was that bad. You don't have many vetoes now ... you just get trampled over by Romania Spain and Poland who want your money and have more power.

Never mind eh ?
You see far too many bears on the road. But I am sincerely grateful for all the concerns you have for me and my finacial situation.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-06-2020, 09:25 PM

You see far too many bears on the road. But I am sincerely grateful for all the concerns you have for me and my finacial situation.

I really couldn't give a toss just remember under QMV you lose every time.

You have mutualised debt coming and that green deal is the back door project to deliver it. You'll be modernising poland next ... i hope your paying your taxes, the polish Industries and german power stations need your money.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-06-2020, 10:12 PM

I really couldn't give a toss just remember under QMV you lose every time.

You have mutualised debt coming and that green deal is the back door project to deliver it. You'll be modernising poland next ... i hope your paying your taxes, the polish Industries and german power stations need your money.
Dude, you're making such a fuss over things that don't affect the UK or even you personally. The only time I've met such a serious concern for others is in (catholic) priests. I don't doubt your best intentions, but you work yourself up in such a way, it is unhealthy. Just relax a little. Come to amsterdam, buy some wiet in one of the 150 coffeeshops, and let your hair hang down.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-06-2020, 11:49 PM

Dude, you're making such a fuss over things that don't affect the UK or even you personally. The only time I've met such a serious concern for others is in (catholic) priests. I don't doubt your best intentions, but you work yourself up in such a way, it is unhealthy. Just relax a little. Come to amsterdam, buy some wiet in one of the 150 coffeeshops, and let your hair hang down.

Why not start your very own thread on the subject ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top