Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 04:35 PM

Re: To Make You Smile?

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
Do you actually think people voted to leave the EU because of something posted across the side of a bus? Please tell me you don't really believe that.
What I'm trying to point out is that your government could announce a massive financial support for the NHS. They have the money from saving on the contribution to the EU, and god knows the covid crisis has shown the NHS needs it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
I think you will find it was stated that leaving the EU "could " mean scrapping VAT on energy. Not the same as "would". Hope you understand the difference? Anyway, what else you got?
I think that is what boris will answer if questioned on any of his promisses, and not only those with regards to brexit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-07-2020, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
The Leave voters are much too smart and I am sure all of them knew the implications of Brexit exactly. The UK is blessed having more than 50% highly intelligent inhabitants.

Thank goodness for that!
From your post I can conclude that you must be one of those.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 04:55 PM

Hi

Well I do know people who believed the message on the bus.

It was meant to be believed and targeted at those who would believe it.

It worked.

It was a very clever piece of electioneering.

It was as accurate as project fear, the world has not collapsed.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It worked.

But covid did work some magic, like:

In what the Daily Express described as a “Brexit backtrack”, UK officials are thought to be considering the advantages of being part of the EU plan because the bloc would have greater purchasing power to strike deals with multinational drug companies.
Whether the benefits would outweigh a broader political desire to cut ties with Brussels is reportedly still being evaluated.
UK ponders joining EU's coronavirus vaccine scheme https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vaccine-scheme

The UK is seeking “something akin to membership” of the EU’s early warning and response system (EWRS), which has played a critical role in coordinating Europe’s response to the coronavirus, as well as to earlier pandemics such as bird flu. According to an EU source, this would be “pretty much the same” as membership of the system.https://www.theguardian.com/politics...of-coronavirus

The UK has since decided to join an EU procurement scheme to obtain intensive care medicines, such as antibiotics and anaesthetics, the Guardian has learned.
EU commission rejects Raab's claims in medical procurement row https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rocurement-row
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-07-2020, 05:08 PM

Hi

There is a difference, project fear or hammerhead can still become real. An additional donation to the NHS from boris is?
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I think that is what boris will answer if questioned on any of his promisses, and not only those with regards to brexit.
He will answer that because it is the truth. No one in the leave camp ever stated that it would happen. All they said was that it "could" happen. Big difference there my friend.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 08:51 PM

Hi

It worked.

Sure was but not everybody voted leave for the same reason.
Takahashi
United Kingdom

07-07-2020, 08:53 PM

What I'm trying to point out is that your government could announce a massive financial support for the NHS. They have the money from saving on the contribution to the EU, and god knows the covid crisis has shown the NHS needs it.
They have already put extra money into the NHS. And, because of Covid, they have put even more in. In the transition year, 2020, we still contribute to the EU so no savings there just yet. I thought you would have known that.
Takahashi
United Kingdom

07-07-2020, 09:14 PM

But covid did work some magic, like:

In what the Daily Express described as a “Brexit backtrack”, UK officials are thought to be considering the advantages of being part of the EU plan because the bloc would have greater purchasing power to strike deals with multinational drug companies.
Whether the benefits would outweigh a broader political desire to cut ties with Brussels is reportedly still being evaluated.
UK ponders joining EU's coronavirus vaccine scheme https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vaccine-scheme

The UK is seeking “something akin to membership” of the EU’s early warning and response system (EWRS), which has played a critical role in coordinating Europe’s response to the coronavirus, as well as to earlier pandemics such as bird flu. According to an EU source, this would be “pretty much the same” as membership of the system.https://www.theguardian.com/politics...of-coronavirus

The UK has since decided to join an EU procurement scheme to obtain intensive care medicines, such as antibiotics and anaesthetics, the Guardian has learned.
EU commission rejects Raab's claims in medical procurement row https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rocurement-row

I have bad news for you mate. Trade deal or not the UK won't be the sinking ship all the gloomsters are predicting. After the transition ends the UK will have all that lovely money to spend on what we choose instead of filling the EU coffers.

We joined a totally different organisation in 1973 with far less control over most aspects of our lives. It became too big and too greedy. It refused to tackle the rampant corruption and its ability to waste billions of Euros is second to none.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top