Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 11:48 AM

Re: Allotments trashed

Originally Posted by Meg ->
..and their parents should have to pay hefty compensation.
It might help them to take more notice of where their children are and what they are doing.
All you would get off them if they are fined is

O O O O I'm on benefits if I have to pay this my children wont be able to eat.

Then they would just go down the Alloment and nik all the Veggies saying its your fault I had to do this.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
..and their parents should have to pay hefty compensation.
It might help them to take more notice of where their children are and what they are doing.
Completely agree, when local allotments here were targeted it turned out to be kids from the local gated community, they could well afford a fine.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Never mind "speaking to a number of youngsters in their homes", if they know who they are they should be made to go back, apologise to all concerned and put everything back the way it was with the help of their parents.....
I think that would be an excellent idea Barry. People who do things like this have no understanding how much work the owners have put in to their allotments. If they had to put them back to how they were, they would soon learn and it may change their attitudes to other people property. If it doesn't, then they will just become another criminal over the coming years!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 03:09 PM

Sadly it is nothing new. I left Leeds in 1993 and had once held 6 allotments.

On one site some trash burst all the water pipes-fishing would have been easier a day later. On the other we had greenhouses smashed and crops ruined,they even torched the `club house` But what can you do? Form a vigilante group and wait to give the scum a good kicking?-we sure did feel like it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 05:01 PM

Hi

I live in a small village, only two shops, not many buses.

It has been known for people to be banned from the shops, it works.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I live in a small village, only two shops, not many buses.

It has been known for people to be banned from the shops, it works.

HOw would that help in a larger town though Swims?
I agree with Barry and that if the police know these kids, they should be made to go back there, apologise to everyone and have to put right every stick and stone they ruined.
Banning them from shops won't get the old folks allotments sorted.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
The little bastards should be birched and sod the do-gooders!! Same with the scum who desecrate graves.
Hello what happened to live and let live ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
HOw would that help in a larger town though Swims?
I agree with Barry and that if the police know these kids, they should be made to go back there, apologise to everyone and have to put right every stick and stone they ruined.
Banning them from shops won't get the old folks allotments sorted.
Hi

I has just pointing out that it is much easier, in a small village, with a sense of community spirit, to deal with senseless acts of vandalism.

It certainly would not help in towns.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
The little bastards should be birched and sod the do-gooders!! Same with the scum who desecrate graves.
Great idea DOC, trouble is hand wringers get in the way.
They and parents should be made to put things back to rights.
Again , trouble is their HR would be being abused.
What about the poor pensionioners HR?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 05:27 PM

Making them work on the allotments after school and handing over every penny of any pocket money they may get until the damage they did is paid for, plus being grounded for any free time they may usually have, or had, might make them think twice about damaging other peoples property. Then again, if they have the kind of parents who say "little Johnny wasn't involved", or, as we have known, blatantly lie for their kids, then they will never learn and never care what harm they cause to others.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top