Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:07 PM

Re: Chronic back pain

Originally Posted by May ->
Took the words out of My mouth OGF...keeping muscles strong by exercising is a must..I wouldn't be able to straighten up if I didn't do My stretching exercises first thing in the morning,then keep moving as much as You can...sitting around most of the Day in front of the TV or computer is not the way to go...I refuse to put drugs into My system except the occasional paracetemol.
Spot on May, I've seen more damage caused by the overuse of drugs than exercise has ever done.....you either get hooked on the things or you enter the spiral of having to take other drugs to offset the side effects caused by the original drugs.....Anyway....Happy Hogmanay from your favourite poster May.....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:17 PM

I couldn't function properly without my medications.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 08:29 PM

Took the words out of My mouth OGF...keeping muscles strong by exercising is a must..I wouldn't be able to straighten up if I didn't do My stretching exercises first thing in the morning,then keep moving as much as You can...sitting around most of the Day in front of the TV or computer is not the way to go...I refuse to put drugs into My system except the occasional paracetemol.
You might find yourself less fortunate and need them badly one day.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 09:43 PM

Well I won't bore You with the history of My chronic back/joints pain Ffosse,but I will wish You a very happy/healthy New Year...and A' the best for 2018.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:52 PM

I get a bit of back trouble too.
An X-ray showed a bulging disc which is playing up at the moment.
Sitting here at this very mo with a hot water bottle on my spine.
Feels nice and soothing.

My Yoga teacher has given me certain gentle movements to do 3 x a day as well, so I shall get there.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 11:21 PM

Tried that, I ended up being short sighted and with hairy palms
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 11:39 PM

I have collapsed vertebrae in my spine, but I take no painkillers, except like you, the occasional paracetamol. I will not put sedative type drugs into my system, I take far too much medication for my other medical problems in my view, and I hate having to do so. Therefore I put up with the pain, just do what I can when I can. I just wish I could exercise more.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->

Tried what, Rehab?
Or shouldn't I ask . . .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Surprised at the hairy palms Rehab...
They always say 'Grass never grows on a busy street'....

Happy New Year by the way......
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Spot on May, I've seen more damage caused by the overuse of drugs than exercise has ever done.....you either get hooked on the things or you enter the spiral of having to take other drugs to offset the side effects caused by the original drugs.....Anyway....Happy Hogmanay from your favourite poster May.....
Same to You Kiddo,and A' the best tae You and the Missus for 2018

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top