Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 04:19 PM

Re: Chronic back pain

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Tried what, Rehab?
Or shouldn't I ask . . .
Don’t you dare...
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Surprised at the hairy palms Rehab...
They always say 'Grass never grows on a busy street'....

Happy New Year by the way......
I did have over developed wrist muscles, my half litre snatch was a joy to behold.

and a very Happy New Year to you and yours mate, keep on posting.
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 08:57 PM

Dunlopillo matress expensive but good.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Tried that, I ended up being short sighted and with hairy palms
Good heavens, I think I would rather have a bacd back.

So, Ffosse? How is your back? I was thinking that you might consider an exercise ball and let your back stretch across it while you are watching TV or a movie. Sounds like a x-ray might tell more...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good heavens, I think I would rather have a bacd back.

So, Ffosse? How is your back? I was thinking that you might consider an exercise ball and let your back stretch across it while you are watching TV or a movie. Sounds like a x-ray might tell more...
It's strange - some nights the pain is intense and I need both diclofenac with paracetamol plus some codeine (not all at the same time); other nights I'm relatively pain-free with no need to take anything.

The pain, when it is there, is always worse at night.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's strange - some nights the pain is intense and I need both diclofenac with paracetamol plus some codeine (not all at the same time); other nights I'm relatively pain-free with no need to take anything.

You poor thing Dreamy.
You must rattle with all those pills.
I am praying things improve for you soon.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->

Terribly sorry to hear it. Everything is heightend at night, most especially pain. Any diagnosis yet?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Terribly sorry to hear it. Everything is heightend at night, most especially pain. Any diagnosis yet?
Well, I've got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome as a result of a fall; this has caused me hand and arm weakness and pain. My GP doesn't know what is causing the back pain and it tends to waver in severity and move around a bit.

Worst case scenario: A lymph node in my neck is enlarged and pressing on the nerves causing pain - I really hope this isn't the case as I've been cancer free for a year and a half now.

I've got so many tablets (it seems) to treat the back and hand/arm pain:

Diclofenac
Codeine Phosphate
Paracetamol
Amitryptyline
Zopiclone

That's in addition to 6 other tablets I've been on for years for health/mental health issues.

I see the haematologist on the 23rd and they may take another scan.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 06:00 PM

Oh, Dreamy what a worry.
So many drugs!
Poor you.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top