Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
kirsten
New Member!
bavaria
kirsten is female 

28-11-2017, 04:04 PM

Re: Where?

hello everyone I don't usually write much in forums so sorry if I make a mistake or something. I lived in Sweden in the seventies for a year and always always wanted to live in Europe again. I spent a lot of time on archaeological digs around the world, bicycled through Europe for three months and then eight months travelling around the world in the eighties and nineties. For a while I drove a semi truck around the U.S. and saw most of our beautiful states. Now I am in Bavaria which was a surprise because I never thought it was affordable to live here. It is no fun in the U.S. and hasn't been for a very long time, jobs are hard to come by and its dangerous. Even in Minnesota which was always a very nice state to live in. i'm curious about living in other parts of Europe as well or other parts of the world. My fifties have been far more interesting than any decade of my life I want to see as many places as I can and live in different places.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 12:30 AM

Ive got a flat to rent in Sunny Scotland if you're interested!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Was offered a job in Slovakia back in the 70s, because it meant returning home, doing a crash language course, applying for a work permit etc, etc, it was too much hassle and I turned it down. Had I known then what I subsequently found out, I should have taken that job!!!
Bit like a reply from a benefit claimant being offered a job.

O it means I have to get up before 10 O clock in the morning

O it means I have take a 10 minute train/bus journey.

O it means I should never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Bit like a reply from a benefit claimant being offered a job.

O it means I have to get up before 10 O clock in the morning

O it means I have take a 10 minute train/bus journey.

O it means I should never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Were these your excuses for laying in bed all day??? Some of us were working. At the time I was commuting to and from London AND doing voluntary work too!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:43 AM

I live in the U.K. and wish I didn't .
I am an alien in my own land.
Crabby
New Member!
United Kingdom
Crabby is male 

19-05-2021, 05:01 PM

has anyone tried India for the winter, i normally go in october till april
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 07:02 PM

We lived in Portugal 2001-2006. Had a fabulous time: cheap wine, cigarettes, eating out. And of course the weather, beautiful scenery, beautiful people.

But, with all its faults, we missed London.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top