Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 02:43 PM

Update on Alicat

You would think that when an appointment has been made for you to see the cancer consultant to tell you the biopsy from your hysterectomy and whether the cancer had spread that they would know about the appointment wouldn't you! I mean I've had the letter with the appointment on for three weeks and luckily I took it with me when I went for the appointment yesterday so there was proof.

We arrived at the hospital in plenty of time and got to the department and I gave my letter to the receptionist and they didn't have me down on their list and had no idea I was coming and they didn't have my notes. The consultant I was supposed to see on the letter wasn't even there! Luckily the consultant that did my surgery was on so he saw me. He didn't have any notes for me just a couple of pieces of paper with the biopsy report on (thank goodness for that). Anyway he said the cancer hadn't spread and he said if it was upto him I wouldn't need any more treatment and I would be signed off but others in his team have to agree as well but he couldn't tell me if that had happened as he didn't have my notes!! Not his fault though, it's the admin's fault. He said he would write to me.

Anyway he checked my wound and he said it was fine. I have to go back in three months time as he wants to check on the top of my vagina.

So I was quite relieved and happy that it hadn't spread and I probably don't need any more treatment.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Re: Update on Alicat

That sounds great news Alison in spite of the cock up with Admin, many thanks for letting us know and my best wishes to you for a continued full recovery...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Well that is good news. I hope your health continues to improve.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
That sounds great news Alison in spite of the cock up with Admin, many thanks for letting us know and my best wishes to you for a continued full recovery...
Thanks Plantman, just got to sort my legs out now I've got an appointment at the doctors tomorrow for that.
Alicat
West Berkshire

06-11-2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Well that is good news. I hope your health continues to improve.
You're very kind mesco.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Aw Allison that is absolutely brilliant news for you. It will make you feel so much more relaxed now. Just as well your other consultant was there! I would write in a letter to complain about it.

Good health always to you.

Take care
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 03:20 PM

That's great news Alison, I'm so pleased for you

May you get stronger by the day.....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Brilliant news Alison Such a relief for you.
Wish your legs better too
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 04:04 PM

Sometimes these mistakes are a bit too much to take Alison, I know they can really annoy people, good job you took the letter with you or they would have said it was your fault, anyway the news is good and I hope it gets better and better, sorry about the leg but you know what they say, God never closes one case without opening another, wish you luck with that too.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 04:27 PM

Well done Alison, great news.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top