Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2013, 09:51 PM

Re: Depression

My mother was a depressive, we spent all our time tip-toeing round her. Now my doctor says she thinks I'm depressed, I tell her it's a stress overload not depression and refuse to take the little pills she says will help me get through things. Seems to be the answer to everything! I pointed out to her that my stress will still be there if I took pills or not. I think a lot of times people are more stressed than depressed, they need someone to off-load to rather than quick fixes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Good thoughts there Twiz - agree with ya - stressed - not depressed... as for popping pills - Ggrrrrrr
Shine on you crazy diamond
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 11:29 PM

Sorry for diverting this thread, but a decade or so ago, one of the nicest guy's I have ever met said, after I was shaking hands with folks after deciding to leave the company I worked for "Shine on you crazy diamond" "See you on the dark side of the moon", a week later (without my knowledge) he died, these words will stay for the rest of a lifetime, the guy as it happens, if I read it right, was never stressed or depressed, I hope that dinghy is still afloat Brian, "got to keep the loonies on the path".
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2013, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Sorry for diverting this thread, but a decade or so ago, one of the nicest guy's I have ever met said, after I was shaking hands with folks after deciding to leave the company I worked for "Shine on you crazy diamond" "See you on the dark side of the moon", a week later (without my knowledge) he died, these words will stay for the rest of a lifetime, the guy as it happens, if I read it right, was never stressed or depressed, I hope that dinghy is still afloat Brian, "got to keep the loonies on the path".
There's someone in my head but it's not me...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2013, 01:56 PM

I'm totally 'lost'
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2013, 07:24 PM

You have to have been there to know all about it.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
You have to have been there to know all about it.
Tell me Annie - did you have front row seats?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-05-2013, 08:54 AM

Ah - now I get it - not familiar with the song or words -thanks
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 06:09 PM

No AJ I was the star of the show Clinical Depression.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 08:12 PM

What did Churchill call his fits of depression... the black dog?, I had a black dog for 16 years called Bengi, a labrador, and he had the complete opposite effect on me, made me very happy he did, God rest him, if you want to be happy then get yerself a black dog or any colour you prefer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top