Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 12:19 PM

Re: Pelvic Prolapse

There are also Open MRIs mainly for folks that are claustrophobic, but I imagine make fitting in a non-issue.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 06:40 PM

I have I think its called a contracted pelvis, its open at the top and as it decends it gets tighter.My Grannie had it it missed my mother I have it my daughter doesnt but my Grand daughter will have it. Misses one generation.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 02:45 PM

My wife is waiting for her operation, which should be sometime soon.
They tried a special ring first, but it kept slipping, when they told her it would have to be changed 3 times a year, she told them to forget it and plumped for the operation.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 03:12 PM

Hi Alison,

Yes after having surgery twice, I wee myself very often, which is very embarrassing, I only have to sneeze, cough or exercise and my bladder is gone, sometimes not reaching the toilet. I did go and speak to a Consultant at the Hospital, who gave me Pelvic exercises, but he said the only thing that would cure it is Surgery, which I didn't want. He said that I am like it because of Trauma to my body after the operations. So I just put up with it.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Alison,

Yes after having surgery twice, I wee myself very often, which is very embarrassing, I only have to sneeze, cough or exercise and my bladder is gone, sometimes not reaching the toilet. I did go and speak to a Consultant at the Hospital, who gave me Pelvic exercises, but he said the only thing that would cure it is Surgery, which I didn't want. He said that I am like it because of Trauma to my body after the operations. So I just put up with it.
Hello susiejaeger, I've just seen your post. That's very interesting what you said, I think I am also probably like it because of Trauma. I will have to put up with it as well. Do you wear towels or anything?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Hello susiejaeger, I've just seen your post. That's very interesting what you said, I think I am also probably like it because of Trauma. I will have to put up with it as well. Do you wear towels or anything?

Hi Alison,

Yes I do, discreet ones.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 01:45 PM

I too use towels which are really a godsend. Lidl have really good ones for £1.59 for ten (I think) they are slightly scented and although discreet are reliable. Asda also do a good pad £1.89 for ten they are not scented and they are slightly smaller but again very reliable.

I have given up on medication, I find that I am not so incontinent if I empty my bowls and never allow constipation.

I seem to be alright when sitting or lying in bed but when I stand I often cannot get to the bathroom in time. When I get up from my bed the same thing, just like a waterfall.

I have tried not drinking caffeine coffee, I have tried just drinking water but although some days are better than others it is a nuisance. I wonder if it was the trauma of my hysterectomy which was vaginal.

I must wish all you ladies with operations coming up the very best of health and hope that the ops will put an end to incontinence which is really a hazard to good health and well being.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 06:06 PM

Thanks cookiecate. Sorry to hear you still experience problems.

My problem is when I sneeze or cough.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top