Join for free
allottment
warwickshire
allottment is female  allottment has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 07:50 PM

Vertigo and Labyrinthitis

does anyone suffer from persistent vertigo following a bout of labrinthitis has any treatment been successful any advice would be appreciated thankyou.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 08:36 AM

Re: Vertigo and Labyrinthitis

Hi Veronica - yes I do and you have my sympathy, its horrendous.
You have to go day to day 'being careful' not to bring on an attack.
I take Betahistine 8mg - one morning and one before bed.
At the first inkling of an attack I take Metoclopramide 10 mg, to prevent the sickness, if taken at the onset be very quick, otherwise you just bring up the tablet !
Make sure your pillow is right for you and try not to sleep on your back.
Best wishes to you x
allottment
warwickshire
allottment is female  allottment has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 06:49 PM

Many thanks for your reply it is a horrible feeling i have seen a balance cosultant i now have to have scan ,balance tests and physio assessment they told me not to take tablets as it stops the brain readjusting but have to take them on bad days.evidently they say it it something to do with crystals in middle ear. ii'm just cofused may be clearer after the tests.i have only just joined this site i was on sagazone i hope this is safe it does seem very interesting ,once again many thanks for repling.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 07:04 PM

Hello again - here is a link that may help you ......

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001054.htm
allottment
warwickshire

25-06-2014, 07:51 PM

thanks for that what pillow should i use have had lots of tests have to see a physio who will perform an epley manoeuvre movin the head in different ways hope it works
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2014, 12:50 PM

Hi Veronica - I am about to pm you with a link.
I am sure you will find someone there that has been through this as my problem is due to birth defect.
You will get help and guidance - wish you well xx
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2014, 12:52 PM

Oh - I was unable to pm you - I will put the link here ......

http://www.painsupport.co.uk/connect/dfviewtopics.asp

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top