Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Getting to the doctors

I'm so SICK of this weather. I've been wanting to see a doctor for about five days but I can't get down there because of the snow and ice plus there's not many doctors and nurses in so they are only taking emergency appointments. I've got trouble with my legs, they're all itchy and red, but what can you do! I'm sick of it. Makes you feel like buying a 4 x 4 next year but then you'll get taxed heavily on it.

It's a frightening thought if you get a medical emergency at the moment with the weather the way it is Does anyone else worry about it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 12:33 AM

Re: Getting to the doctors

I hope you are able to get to your doctors soon Alicat
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 02:40 AM

Thanks Mags, my post above probably sounded a bit strange, I'm just freaking out a bit with the snow. I had surgery on Christmas Eve and I'm just a bit worried I may have an infection. It must be awful for people that desperately need to see a doctor but can't get to the surgery and also those poor people that have to go too hospital every day to have treatment like Chemo.

Go away snow, you're not wanted anymore (I think I'm cracking up )
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 02:46 AM

Have you tried ringing NHS Direct? I think they're pretty good on there and can advise whether it is an emergency or not.

Or you could always try the pharmacist?

Hope you get it seen to soon!
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-01-2010, 02:55 AM

Thanks Azz (you're up late ), I'm not too bad now and I should get an appointment tomorrow thanks. Nighty night.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 10:14 AM

I hope you are better this morning, it is a worry. Have you spoken to anyone at your surgery? Mine do telephone appointments.

I do sometimes worry about anything happening with the snow down, the only way out of here is helicopter!
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-01-2010, 12:15 PM

Managed to get to the doctors surgery this morning thank goodness I'm glad I went as well as the Triage Nurse took my temperature and it was slightly raised. Anyway she gave me some antibiotics for my Cellulitis. I feel a lot happier now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Managed to get to the doctors surgery this morning thank goodness I'm glad I went as well as the Triage Nurse took my temperature and it was slightly raised. Anyway she gave me some antibiotics for my Cellulitis. I feel a lot happier now
So pleased you managed to get to the docs, you can relax now.
It must be very worrying when you know something isn't right and you can't get it seen to
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Thanks Mags, that's very kind of you.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 08:33 AM

Good to hear you're on the mend Alicat

Local councils here are asking 4 x 4 owners to volunteer and ferry patients to and from medical facilities, the roads are so bad it's the only type of vehicle to get you through.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top