Join for free
Page 146 of 190 « First < 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:44 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your holiday in Guernsey, Bob ... great pictures, lovely scenery.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hello Lion Queen good to see you here.....We are holidaying on Guernsey, plenty of eating, walking and running....Oh! and sleeping on benches....
Oh, I've never been to Guernsey. I bet you are having a fabulous time. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've been managing to keep up some fitness training while being here, a six mile hilly run yesterday morning, followed by a five mile walk along the cliff path and ten lengths of the swimming pool before dinner. No running today just 40 lengths of the pool.

I tried out the new shoes and knocked three minutes of my best time off this tough Guernsey course. I've only run it twice though and took it steady on Sunday so it was a soft target. I will give it another go tomorrow. Rain expected so I hope I get my early morning run done before it does.....
Sounds like you're having a great holiday mate
Good also to hear you're still putting in a few miles while you're away Bob. Could have posted it in our exercise thread though
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 11:48 AM

Thanks Sweetie Pie, Mags, Lion Queen and Floydy... Greetings from Guernsey...
I haven't been writing in the exercise thread Floydy because the internet is pretty crap here, and I don't get much time to follow all my favourite threads. I wrote a piece the other day only to find that the internet dropped out and it disappeared into cyber space never to be seen again....

I usually copy and paste now from 'word' but it takes time. Today I'm writing this in the lounge where the reception is very good, but lots of people come up and talk to us and you can't get anything done. Today the rain is splashing against the window and because most people hire a car whilst here, they have gone off out, but for us walkers (we never hire a car and prefer to walk everywhere) the downside is that it's a bit miserable walking in the rain, but it won't keep us in.....

It wasn't raining at six this morning though as I laced up the new shoes and ran round my regular hilly six mile route. They are really the 'Dogs Wotsits' though, and well worth the money. In fact, I might purchase another pair before we leave just in case I can't get them back home.

Unfortunately I was running on empty this morning and struggled round, the hill was a bit of a pull, but I managed to survive, It'll probably get me one day....But not yet...

A big cruise ship passed the window while we were having breakfast, so we'll nip down into Peter Port and have a look to see who she is....I'm getting hungry now and the rain seems to have eased off, so we're going to make a run for it......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 12:06 PM

I hope you don't get as much rain as me Foxy. Glad the new shoes were worth the money.
I hope you have learnt your lesson on eating, you need fuel.
I hope we get some pics of the cruise ship.
Have a lovely day with Mrs Foxy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 12:23 PM

how's ya bits bob still swinging around merrily? - watch ya don't block ya nostrils up with the ice cream!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:48 AM

Hung around the hotel till lunchtime watching the rain pitter patter against the window. It had stopped by midday so we intended to go out and catch the bus but you know what it's like when you decide to walk to the next stop, and then the next.....And before we knew it we had walked the two miles into St Peter Port just as the rain began again.

Any visitors to Guernsey, and the capital, who are feeling a little peckish should visit 'Creasey's' the local family run department store. Take the lift or stairs to the top floor and you will find the restaurant with views over the harbour. Not only are the crab sandwiches something to rave about, but the chocolate eclairs are also legendendery. Or just take a seat by the window with a steaming hot chocolate (or coffee) and watch the world go by.

Fortunately, cruise ship visitors don't know where the restaurant is, and it remains uncluttered, so we sat staring out of the window watching streams of passengers being ferried to shore and herded onto half a dozen coaches. Such a pity that some visitors first view of this beautiful island would be jaded by the rain.....
This was the cruise ship 'Eclipse' a Celebrity X ship....Just for you Sweetie Pie....x

Walking out to the lighthouse to photograph the cruise ship, and looking back to a rain soaked Peter Port......still beautiful though...

Waiting for the bus home and watching a pigeon take a bath in a puddle...

Word soon gets round.....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-08-2018, 08:25 PM

A better day today so we had a walk down to Castle Coronet where you get a wonderful view of the harbour and the ferries coming and going....

Also a good view of St Peter Port.....

And some old guy looking over the castle walls...

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 08:26 PM

Great photos Bob
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 08:29 PM

Aww, Thanks for the cruise ship pic Foxy.
Lovely photos and it seems you and Mrs Foxy are having a wonderful time. x

Page 146 of 190 « First < 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top