Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
allottment
warwickshire
allottment is female  allottment has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 02:48 PM

Vertigo

Does anyone know much about vertigo, I am suffering with this and have been for sometime I go to a balence clinic for treatment, the mornings are worse as I feel very nauseas and disconnected does anyone else experience these symptoms.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 03:26 PM

Re: Vertigo

How awful for you. What a horrible condition. I've only had it now and again and that was bad enough. Once it lasted almost a day, then another time I had to be collected from work. Do you take any medication for it on a daily basis? I know someone who, like yourself, has it constantly and she takes a medication. It's such a debilitating thing. I hope there is someone here who can give you some advice Sorry I can't be of any help but I know what it feels like and it's horrid
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by allottment ->
Does anyone know much about vertigo, I am suffering with this and have been for sometime I go to a balence clinic for treatment, the mornings are worse as I feel very nauseas and disconnected does anyone else experience these symptoms.
I suppose that you have had Audiology check your ears?

My sister had a problem years ago with vertigo and it turned out to be something wrong with her inner ear - sorry, I don't remember much else about it now - just trying to help. stevmk2
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 04:18 PM

I have occasional episodes of Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) which usually disappars after a few days, but if not, it can be relieved by a series of exercises. Not a lot of fun, and caused by crystaline deposits in the inner ear labyrinth.

A lot of 'Vertigo' is this type and if it is, ask about the Epley manoeuvre or Brandt-Daroff exercises.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 04:29 PM

Hello Veronica - unfortunately I do - its scary and very unpleasant to say the least.
I take Betahistine 8mg for the giddiness and Metoclopramide 10mg for nausea.
The only way is to avoid the attacks as much as possible, mine are due to ear problems. So I know to sleep on the one side - don't dance, even for 1 minute, no sudden movements, that kind of thing .....
You have my sympathy gal I'm here if you want to discuss it further x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=Grumblewagon;613228]I have occasional episodes of Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) which usually disappars after a few days, but if not, it can be relieved by a series of exercises. Not a lot of fun, and caused by crystaline deposits in the inner ear labyrinth.

A lot of 'Vertigo' is this type and if it is, ask about the Epley manoeuvre or Brandt-Daroff exercises.[/QUOTE]

Yes, George is right. Some GP's are trained in this manoeuvre, and my lovely chiropractor is as well.
I personally haven't had to have it done, though I did get quite a bad patch of Vertigo a couple of years back, absolutely horrible it was, still occasionally get twinges now, so I do feel for you, Veronica.
Hope you feel better soon.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 06:08 PM

My ex-husband had Meniere's disease which was a type of Vertigo. He had fluid in his middle ear and went dizzy and felt nauseous. I remember the first time this happened he had an involuntry rapid eye movement and said his head was spinning and had very bad migraines through this. He had to take tablets and visit the hospital and have cold water tests in his ears.
The attacks came on about 3 or 4 times a year.

Hope this helps in any way Allottment
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 01:15 PM

Actually, vertigo is a symptom not a condition in itself.

Have you been diagnosed with a cause?
allottment
warwickshire
allottment is female  allottment has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 05:38 PM

Many thanks for replies evidently I suffer two types of vertigo the benign positional and vestibular neuropathy all due to inner ear trouble plus I have not good eyesight macular degeneration drs say my brain is trying to do two things at once balence and see. I have had eplay and do exercises every day. Oh dear I am having a moan sorry .
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 05:43 PM

Many thanks for replies evidently I suffer two types of vertigo the benign positional and vestibular neuropathy all due to inner ear trouble plus I have not good eyesight macular degeneration drs say my brain is trying to do two things at once balence and see. I have had eplay and do exercises every day. Oh dear I am having a moan sorry .
You go on - have a moan mate!

You've got worries - we've all got worries but friends you will find here.

Ooer! - almost like a Yoda response there! stevmk2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top