Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Three of Five
Ontario, Canada
Three of Five is male  Three of Five has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 06:50 PM

Re: Problems logging in? (NOW FIXED)

Nice to see everyone back
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 06:52 PM

The Good Lord be praised , I am back in, thought like a previous poster , had done something Naughty.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 06:55 PM

This is an old thread I wasn't aware of any logging on problems on here today ...
Admin has been updating the servers on our sister sites but I didn't think we were affected.
Three of Five
Ontario, Canada
Three of Five is male  Three of Five has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
This is an old thread I wasn't aware of any logging on problems on here today ...
Admin has been updating the servers on our sister sites but I didn't think we were affected.
Well don't I feel stoopid? Didn't even think to look at the date of the thread!

Anyways, I haven't been able to get into the forum for the last two days. Assumed this thread had to do with a current problem.

So maybe it's just ME that's been gone, eh?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Three of Five ->
Well don't I feel stoopid? Didn't even think to look at the date of the thread!

Anyways, I haven't been able to get into the forum for the last two days. Assumed this thread had to do with a current problem.

So maybe it's just ME that's been gone, eh?
Hi Nigel not sure what the problem was but others seem to have been posting ok.
Three of Five
Ontario, Canada

29-07-2015, 08:02 PM

Here is the message I was getting:

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.over50sforum.com.
Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-07-2015, 09:24 PM

Hi Nigel I now remember Admin was working on the server one night when most members were offline and as you are in Canada you may have logged on at that particular time.
You are back with us now so that is the main thing
Three of Five
Ontario, Canada

30-07-2015, 02:02 AM

AHA! ... YES, that's IT! Now I remember briefly seeing a message from Azz - something about switching servers. But I didn't take a picture of that one. Thank you Meg, for sorting that out for me!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 03:37 PM

Yeah, I think it is because we changed name servers - although I did set the TLS setting to 1 hour - which should have forced your ISP to check for new settings every hour (but some ISP ignore it)
Three of Five
Ontario, Canada

30-07-2015, 08:37 PM

It all makes so much sense now! Thanks Azz!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top