Join for free
Page 115 of 370 « First < 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:22 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Ruthio's quote....
Sorry to hear you're poorly Foxy, get some VitC+zinc fizzies and take 2 or 3 a day for now, they really help.

http://www.boots.com/boots-vitamin-c...blets-10149616

This morning I joined the local walking group over on The Common and we walked three miles, so I'm pleased about that

This afternoon I intend to reward myself and collapse in the cinema to see The Post

Twas the charming Ruthio Floydy......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ruthio's quote....
Sorry to hear you're poorly Foxy, get some VitC+zinc fizzies and take 2 or 3 a day for now, they really help.

http://www.boots.com/boots-vitamin-c...blets-10149616

This morning I joined the local walking group over on The Common and we walked three miles, so I'm pleased about that

This afternoon I intend to reward myself and collapse in the cinema to see The Post

Twas the charming Ruthio Floydy......
So did Cosmos. yesterday, didn't she? Or am I reading something else?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Didn't manage to get out at all today been catching up with some telly, while the rain came pouring down......No running until at least next Tuesday.....

Meanwhile here is a graph of my mileage since records began in 1980....
Sorry about the numbers being a bit blurred. If in doubt, the bottom line lists the years from 1980 until 2017....And the numbers down the side are the miles, starting in 1980 at 40 miles.....It sure makes me want to go out and run some.....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-02-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
So did Cosmos. yesterday, didn't she? Or am I reading something else?
Not on this thread she didn't Floydy.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-02-2018, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Well its been a couple of months since I was on this forum and coming back to this thread has been amazing. We all have our way of getting moving and staggering into middle age. Aggghhh I hate saying that, but its an over 50 forum and so it has to be said..oh yes it does.

For me, after falling over in the woods and my daughter banning me from running until after her wedding things have calmed down. She had the wintery twinkly wedding she has always wanted and she looked amazing on the day. We even got a sprinkling of snow which was the icing on the cake lol. I had one faux pax when I got my heel stuck in the hem of my velvet maxi coat and apparently was caught chatting up the barman at midnight…

Since then I have been doing mainly strengthening and toning exercises and lots of yoga. But my PT and I went running yesterday and we did a 5 and 2. Sprint for five minutes and walk for two. We did this for an hour and I felt good.
Yes Yes Cedronella, the barman told me all about it.....

And that's five star training, well done....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 01:47 AM

While it all looks like numbers, OGF, I am sure that you can look at any year, and the numbers spark memories of all the key running and personal events in your life.

In Bob's Bits, OGF wrote:
Yes it was a good year in 1990 with nine full marathons, two fell races of 42 miles and 56 miles, two 20 mile hilly road races and a twenty six mile coast path race where I managed seventh place.....It did start to go downhill a bit after that.

You have acheived more over time than anyone else I know as a runner, and frankly, outside of a friend who owns a store that sells running shoes and apparel, I've never heard anything like that performance year. You say your body-suited for long distance running, but it also shows tremendous discipline that even through the challenges of life and body, you ran every single year.

What is interesting is that you are actually have been on an uphill trend of overall mileage in the last years, despite the fact that you really aren't overly focused on a year total and you are still running solidly at your average. This data also suggests that if you have a lean year, it doesn't set you back. You are right back out there, year after year.

Do you realize that you have equivalently run around the world and then some since you started tracking your mileage. That's so cool, OGF. In comparison, I've only run to India
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 02:04 AM

As Bob is wisely taking it easy to heal his piriformis, and everyone else is picking up steam, it was a beautiful day here to be outside. We are bouncing with glee because we are finally in running tanks and compression shorts with the sun with the northern hemisphere finally leaning ever so slightly closer to the sun.

The forest trail was crowded with snowbirds on bicycles today which always makes for a challenges as many of them are new to the sport. Staying alert to their presence was admittedly distracting to running intervals, but it was an easy eight miles and I spoiled myself with a session with the iPod and earbuds that I don't dare wear on streets with vehicles. I realized after I returned to the car that I much prefer the sounds of nature when running, but it was fun clipping along to a playlist that invariably results in an improved time. Tomorrow will be my last run before the race, taking Friday off.

Now it's time for step aerobics while we watch the Olympics. Forty-five minutes hopping, stepping and turning with three pound weights. Floydy is probably snickering at my weight choice about now...

Happy Valentines Day!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-02-2018, 12:20 PM

Thanks for your excellent comments Surfermom, lump in the throat stuff, not for your praise (that is always welcome) but to a kindred spirit who recognises the importance of the numbers. I'm sorry to those visitors who probably find such an intense view of running very boring, I promise to try and keep it passive in the future.

After unaturaly having to stand down for the last week, I woke to a bright sunny morning and very little evidence of an injury. It has not been much of an effort to rest this past week, knowing that in the long run....it would help to reduce injury time, but this morning, if I ever needed to go out and run, today was it..... However, after exercising loads of restraint I have managed to resist that run and decided on just a walk.

Your training has been perfect for your forthcoming 10k Surfermom, exceeding six miles in training will provide the confidence necessary to produce a fast run over the shorter distance, together with the euphoria of the day and running with other like minded competitors.
Power to you Surfermom, and we look forward to your report and miletimes.....But the main thing is - enjoy the day....Good luck...

PS:- While attending my Mum's retirement party a few years ago, I was enlisted to drive people home after the event. Consequently, I only drank Coca Cola all night....
To my surprise, next morning (Sunday long run day) I ran a personal best over fifteen miles.
I have since used the same technique for important runs since then and it never fails to deliver......You probably don't like such a sugar rush, but it does work....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 04:27 PM

I'm always constantly awestruck by your progress and also now we can see it in print (and per the graph), your achievements, Bob. That's very impressive indeed pal and I so wish that I had kept my running up since I left the forces. I can't quite figure out why I didn't, but not to worry, I kept myself relatively fit in alternative methods. I'll have to write a short history of my own someday.
Keep it going though bud, you're a true inspiration to many I'm sure

Surfermom - Likewise with yourself. I'm sure you two are battling it out in the mileage stakes at the moment. I'm quite happy to sit back, read, digest and observe from my PC chair Great to see you doing your run, then hitting the aerobic, core and weights too in your workouts. That's some going.

I'm really pleased how this thread has picked itself up again recently. Ruthio, Cosmos, Mups, Swimmy and now Cedronella, the latest to reappear with her tales of physical exertion. To any more members who are thinking about noting down their daily routines (in exercise form), the more the merrier I say.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

To myself and though being a couple of days late with this as it’s been half term for the grandkids, I finally caught up with my legs session though and beat all my previous reps targets, so all’s well. (Previous reps in brackets):

Thursday, 15 Feb 18

Sled press, 150kg:
32/34/24
(23/25/19)

Seated ham curls, 40kg:
52/34/25
*Upped the weight 5kg from last time but still averaged about the same on the rep count.

Incline press, 150kg:
52/37/38
(40/34/31)
I’ll be adding 10kg to this next time.

Adductor, 60kg:
33/24/17
(27/22/12)

Ab crunch, 40kg:
30x40, 30x40, 30x40
*I do abs every session with a fixed rep/weight from now on.

I was unable to get onto the abductor (the ‘pushing knees outwards’ machine) as it was constantly in use, but no matter it’s not a major piece of apparatus.

Everything else was nice and steady with pleasing results.
Tomorrow I'll have plenty of time for a change, so I'm looking at a double session!

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

16-02-2018, 03:48 AM

Well done, Floydy.

The sled press is one of my favorites, although I worry about my long-ago mensicus injury. The trick is always how to build up the supporting muscles without ending my running and surfing career. I know you must think about this a lot with your recent knee inflammation.

Do you position your feet in different positions or do you just keep them parallel? This is one exercise that you just can't duplicate well in the great outdoors.

Good luck with the double session!

OGF, St. Augustine wrote, "Patience is the companion of wisdom." It's not easy but it sounds like your piriformis is rewarding you for keeping your running shoes tucked out of site. How was the was the walk?

I am in slow-motion until the race. Is that ever hard! Instead, I may have to get some sun on the beach and dive into a Gore Vidal book...

What are the walking, swimming, sprinting, and yoga reports out there?

Page 115 of 370 « First < 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top