Join for free
Page 164 of 370 « First < 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 06:31 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Suzie - that looks like another world on that photo. How fantastic it is to be running yourself around landscapes like that. Wonderful!

Bob - We told you that you'd be back at it eventually mate, didn't we? I'm very pleased for you performing like the old Fox we used to know and love. Keep at it matey.

Besoeker - love the doggy photos. I'm sure a breed like that gets your pedometer racing through those digital digits!

And Swimmy - You're doing what you can bud under the circumstances. Moving house is exercise enough mate. Just take things easy and rest often if it gets too hectic bud.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I woke up this afternoon feeling very tired, nauseous and quite dizzy. I’ve been feeling this way on and off for a number of weeks and I think it’s time I got myself checked out. I hope to God that I haven’t succumbed to diabetes as these symptoms appear to indicate. I have been recently weening myself off sugar and sweeteners, and I’m alternatively wondering if it’s milk that’s causing the problem as I wake up with a sickly feeling if I have cereal for breakfast. Maybe it’s tap water I dunno. So until I get to the bottom of this with a visit to the doc, I’ll play it by ear but be watching my diet very closely. But oddly, I felt great while I was on holiday…perhaps I’m just allergic to work!

So with this aura of really not being ‘with it’ today I struggled through a very tough session with an array of what can only be called as a hotch-potch routine of exercises. And despite my feeling groggy throughout I somehow landed a post-two-hour session. I can’t train tomorrow, so I’ve combined much of today’s ‘strength’ session with a new “100-Rep” extravaganza of a notion I had pencilled in for Saturday mornings. Yes, it’s a mad, crackpot idea but then what would a Floydy training routine be if it wasn’t?

Friday, 15 June ‘18:
(All weights in kgs)

DB bench press, 15° incline:
10x24’s, 10x24’x, 6x28’s, 6x30’s, 3x32’s

Smith flat bench press:
8x50, 5x70, 3x75
50x20 high reps

Shoulder press:
6x40, 4x50
*An old niggle has been rudely showing its face again in my right shoulder, so I curtailed this exercise early.

Chest press:
8x60, 8x70, 8x80, 6x90
50x30, 30x30, 20x30 = 100 reps
*Following the basic sets with 100 reps more or less without a break killed my lower pecs. Only one thing for it then…attack the pec dec:

Pec dec:
30x30, 30x30, 20x30, 20x30 = 100 reps

Single DB press, flat bench:
32x46, 27x46, 23x46, 18x46 = 100 reps
*All sets done to failure.

Seated row:
40x35, 30x35, 30x35 = 100 reps

Standing E-Z curl:
10x30.5
*A warm-up for the biceps for…

E-Z preacher curl, close grip:
10x33, 10x38, 10x43
20x18 fast reps

Tricep extensions:
40x35, 30x40, 20x45, 10x50 = 100 reps
*You’ll notice this time I added 5kg on subsequent sets, for my sadomasochistic tendencies.

Lat pulldown, underarm close grip:
20x40, 12x50, 10x60, 4x70

Barbell forearm reverse curl, standing:
20x15, 20x15

Tricep pushdowns:
62x15 to failure

Bicep stack curls:
32x15 to failure

Ab crunch:
60x35, 40x35, 35x35, 30x35, 20x35, 15x35 = 200 reps
*Very probably the most ab crunches I’ve ever done at once. I may have a slight podge but my abs are pretty solid underneath!

Time 2hr. 20 mins.

Not too bad for a 53-y.o. who was feeling totally crap!

Legs Sunday.
Thanks for reading
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 10:24 PM

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather Floydy, and I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about...

Thanks for your nice compliment Surfermom, there is still a long way to go but you, probably know better than anyone else, know what it means to be able to let go and run free....

I managed to put an extra five miles in this morning, so it's going to be another twenty mile week.....

I saw a landscape like the one you posted when we visited Lanzarote, but unfortunately they wouldn't let us get off the bus.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 12:33 AM

I don't know what it is, Bob, but I'm feeling great tonight for some reason.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 03:37 AM

Floydy, you are wise to be following up on those synptoms. It's probably nothing to worry about, but it's so much better when you hear that from a doctor! OGF! Yay! You probably managed more miles than I did this week.

Last night with the stars. Always bittersweet leaving here, but I'm eager to get back to all the good things of home, including a fitness routine that doesn't include coconut drinks.

I would write more descriptively, but with nothing more than an iPhone with a low battery and my faithful rental board on a golden beach, I'll just report that I spent this last day blissfully surfing the beautiful Pacific....and only a few of my wipeouts were hideous to be newsworthy . Aloha, y'all
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:07 AM

Floydy I wonder if you are suffering from dehydration? The amount of intense work you put into each exercise must put you at risk. I have to drink at least 2pints of water or similar a day or I begin to get headaches and feel sick.

I love to hear how different people keep fit and active it always inspires me to make the effort too.

SM, you capture something so significant and yet so elusive to many- with a clarity that almost knocks me off my chair. I wish you would do an audio of your descriptions I bet it would be so relaxing to listen to. That's a compliment btw not me saying you would put us to sleep

Well my exercise this week off work has been laying a small patio area in full blazing sun. When I say I, I of course mean us Mixing cement and lugging slabs and stones into place have almost finished me off. Today is a rest day........cooking full roast for son and DIL.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:11 AM

Good to hear you're on the 'up' Floydy, it's hard to keep a good man down.........I have to disagree with Surfermom though....Doctors are generally rubbish.....If they can't issue you tablets, they pass you on to somebody else who may or may not know what is wrong with you, that's if they've got the time to listen.....

When I was forty'ish I suffered an injury much the same as I have now, so I went to see my GP. He asked me how old I was and then Suggested that at my age I should be considering not running so far and slowing down......

Since that encounter with the Doctor, I broke my previous best time for the marathon (3 hours) the Lyke Wake Race (42 miles on the fell in 6 hours) and the Bullock Smithy (56 miles on the fell carrying the compulsory safety gear in 10 hours) I also completed a charity run of 110 miles (The Cleveland Way) over the bank holiday weekend..... Or I could have taken his advice, stopped running and watched boxed sets of 'Love Thy Neighbour'.....My Doctor died last year, and I'm still running....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-06-2018, 11:26 AM

Surfermom, so good to hear from you despite your failing phone and having to get 'Your money's worth' out of your rental.... We (me) all understand your plight and wish there was something we could do to help....

Safe journey home, where you can shake the sand from your running shoes and dream about your encounter with other galaxies....... Suffice to say.....at the end of the day this is the only one that matters.....

PS:- I'm only joking...and I've missed you....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
When I was forty'ish I suffered an injury much the same as I have now, so I went to see my GP. He asked me how old I was and then Suggested that at my age I should be considering not running so far and slowing down......
My cousin's husband is in his sixties and still runs marathons. He has done all continents. Antartic and Peru earlier this year plus a few local events.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-06-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
My cousin's husband is in his sixties and still runs marathons. He has done all continents. Antartic and Peru earlier this year plus a few local events.
Good going that Besoeker, I'm 68 in three weeks and had it not been for an untimely Heart Attack in 2004 I'd still be doing them myself, but unfortunately, even though I feel up to it, my family are not of the same opinion, so I just run local now...... I did manage to blast round 36 full marathons though including Snowdon.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-06-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Floydy, you are wise to be following up on those synptoms. It's probably nothing to worry about, but it's so much better when you hear that from a doctor!

Last night with the stars. Always bittersweet leaving here, but I'm eager to get back to all the good things of home, including a fitness routine that doesn't include coconut drinks.

I would write more descriptively, but with nothing more than an iPhone with a low battery and my faithful rental board on a golden beach, I'll just report that I spent this last day blissfully surfing the beautiful Pacific....and only a few of my wipeouts were hideous to be newsworthy . Aloha, y'all
Who needs a mobile phone when they can occupy their time watching the beautiful sky at night, Suzie? Hope you got things sorted though

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Floydy I wonder if you are suffering from dehydration? The amount of intense work you put into each exercise must put you at risk. I have to drink at least 2pints of water or similar a day or I begin to get headaches and feel sick.

I love to hear how different people keep fit and active it always inspires me to make the effort too.

Well my exercise this week off work has been laying a small patio area in full blazing sun. When I say I, I of course mean us Mixing cement and lugging slabs and stones into place have almost finished me off. Today is a rest day........cooking full roast for son and DIL.
Wow, that's extensive exercise enough for you, Cedronella. All that lifting slabs and mixing cement is no easy task, I bet it looks very nice. Photo please?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good to hear you're on the 'up' Floydy, it's hard to keep a good man down.........I have to disagree with Surfermom though....Doctors are generally rubbish.....If they can't issue you tablets, they pass you on to somebody else who may or may not know what is wrong with you, that's if they've got the time to listen.....

Since that encounter with the Doctor, I broke my previous best time for the marathon (3 hours) the Lyke Wake Race (42 miles on the fell in 6 hours) and the Bullock Smithy (56 miles on the fell carrying the compulsory safety gear in 10 hours) I also completed a charity run of 110 miles (The Cleveland Way) over the bank holiday weekend..... Or I could have taken his advice, stopped running and watched boxed sets of 'Love Thy Neighbour'.....My Doctor died last year, and I'm still running....
Bob, all - Doctors very often know very little as you say. Each patient's case is going to be different and very often they will generalise and be very swift to bang out a prescription (just a couple of weeks ago they told me to get some rubbish ear fluid I've had time and time again; I threw the note away).

Cedronella
, I typically go through a good two litres of water on a gym session as intensive as Friday's was, I drink plenty of water and squash at home and at work too, so I've got the possible dehydration issue well covered, but thanks, it's something to rule out

Bob - Again, with your doctor once saying to you to quit the running...why on earth do they want to discourage anybody from exercising? But they do...
...And I'm booked in for this Thursday btw with a doctor I trust. No doubt I'll get the tired old adage of "height vs. weight" being a judge of what is overweight or not. They have no idea whatsoever about people who are different builds have they? The last doctor I saw said I needed to lose quite a "lot of belly fat" until he prodded me around my midriff and was surprised it was all muscle there! At 53, I'm no freak of nature anymore but I do still hold a lot of muscle and the times I have to explain that the NHS system isn't a true judge of obesity. It makes me annoyed quite frankly, more so that I'm always wasting my time visiting the docs at all.
But I digress, since late last week I've been feeling fine, even after yesterday's few pints I woke up this morning with no issues. But the sugar is gone too now, the way of the sweeteners did and that leaves just milk. Thing is, my digestion is fine so I can't see lactose being an issue either.
Best to get some bloods done, that may be the only solution!

Right, to the training...

My usual 25-minute leg session this morning, which takes half an hour tops. Though I don’t do any slacking with that…

Sunday, 17 June ‘18:
(All weights in kgs)

Sled press:
100x100, 50x140, 26x200
*That last set at 200kgs was a bit of a grueller to say the least.

Seated ham curls:
50x40, 25x50, 12x60, 30x35

Adductor:
30x60

Abductor:
25x60

Ab crunch:
50x35

Incline press:
50x150
*Normally I would do this exercise first, being the heaviest but I simply could not get on the bloody thing until the last minute, hence the single set. Doesn’t matter, the work had been done on the sled if nothing else/

Time 25 mins.

Legs pumped up suitably once more! Back tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Page 164 of 370 « First < 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top