Join for free
Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 04:38 PM

Re: A very bleak mood...

Well, they let me out while they did a few tests, spoke with a shrink, other professionals etc.

I fell on Saturday and have got a case of Carpal tunnel syndrome- got the meds for that, too but boy, is it painful, just anything touching my hands is agony. I did manage a few hours sleep after seeing my GP early this morning.

Thanks for all your good wishes - they have really cheered me up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well, they let me out while they did a few tests, spoke with a shrink, other professionals etc.

I fell on Saturday and have got a case of Carpal tunnel syndrome- got the meds for that, too but boy, is it painful, just anything touching my hands is agony. I did manage a few hours sleep after seeing my GP early this morning.

Thanks for all your good wishes - they have really cheered me up.

Well done Ffosse. That is good news.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 05:08 PM

Good news that you’re home again Fosse. Keep on staying positive, try to find something to look forward to each day, you’ll get there!
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 05:12 PM

Good news Ffosse, good to see you back here.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 05:38 PM

Good man, stay positive mate
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:12 PM

It is really good to hear that you are home, so well done!
I can sympathize with your pain because my wrist is still very painful.... but I am sure we will both recover in time.

Some of us use the forum over Christmas, so I hope you will join us and we can have some fun. You will even be able to exchange PMs with us, if you want to.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is really good to hear that you are home, so well done!
I can sympathize with your pain because my wrist is still very painful.... but I am sure we will both recover in time.

Some of us use the forum over Christmas, so I hope you will join us and we can have some fun. You will even be able to exchange PMs with us, if you want to.
Thanks, I do hope your wrist gets better. Does anyone know anything about or, perhaps had Carpal Tunnel syndrome before - it feels like everytime my hands touch the bedclothes I get searing pain.

My GP prescribed a low dose of amitryptyline meant to target neuropathy disorders plus some zopiclone as I couldn't sleep.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:20 PM

My friend has this, and he works for himself so was really struggling to carry on with jobs.
He had both hands/wrists operated on in the end, and recovered really well, and remarkably quickly. Is now back at work perfectly pain free.

Have a look at this from Arthritis Research Ffosse:

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/...reatments.aspx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-12-2017, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the link.

Well, my GP thinks it will clear up within a few days - I do hope she's right as this is the worst pain (aside from cancer) that I've ever had.

I'm finding that buttoning up a shirt is painful and taking around 3 times as long - same as preparing food (although I've not been cooking, just had sandwiches and a ready meal).
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well, my GP thinks it will clear up within a few days - I do hope she's right as this is the worst pain (aside from cancer) that I've ever had.

I'm finding that buttoning up a shirt is painful and taking around 3 times as long - same as preparing food (although I've not been cooking, just had sandwiches and a ready meal).
I always find that pain is worse when you are not in the best of moods, so lets hope we can help you to change that!

Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top