Join for free
Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:37 PM

Re: A very bleak mood...

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks for the link.

Well, my GP thinks it will clear up within a few days - I do hope she's right as this is the worst pain (aside from cancer) that I've ever had.

I'm finding that buttoning up a shirt is painful and taking around 3 times as long - same as preparing food (although I've not been cooking, just had sandwiches and a ready meal).

Maybe it would be an idea to not wear anything that is difficult to put on at the moment. Couldn't you just pull jumpers/sweatshirts/t.shirts over your head instead of struggling with buttons?

As for food, be very careful with hot saucepans of course, in fact, why not let someone else do the cooking and have take aways for a few days and see how it feels then.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:43 PM

Just looking at that link with people requiring splints; I hope mine isn't like that. Water on my skin really hurts, too (although I have been washing my hands), although I don't feel up to running a bath.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:44 PM

It's just me. Tomorrow I plan to got to tesco and buy some healthy food that doesn't require much cooking. Lifting a kettle this morning full of water, it felt like 3 times as heavy as normal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:47 PM

It's just me. Tomorrow I plan to got to tesco and buy some healthy food that doesn't require much cooking. Lifting a kettle this morning full of water, it felt like 3 times as heavy as normal.
Again, to make life easier at the mo, either only put 1 x cup of water in for a drink, it'll make it noticeably lighter to hold.
Or better still, use the microwave to make a coffee for now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-12-2017, 07:52 PM

Well, I was filling a hot water bottle which sprung a leak this morning (thankfully I avoided getting any hot water on me.

Have put on the gas ch for now.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:22 PM

Thanks, I do hope your wrist gets better. Does anyone know anything about or, perhaps had Carpal Tunnel syndrome before - it feels like everytime my hands touch the bedclothes I get searing pain.

My GP prescribed a low dose of amitryptyline meant to target neuropathy disorders plus some zopiclone as I couldn't sleep.

I have peripheral neuropathy, which is similier to carpel tunnel in symptoms

Both hands alternate between being completely numb to pins and needles. And whilst I say numb, any touch is like having an electric shock.

Right now I can no longer manage things like buttons, opening packets, hold a pen

I'm on 40 mg of amytriptyline at night, just about to increase to 50 mg. it allows me to sleep and manage to keep going through most of the day without being in too much pain. It's taken 12 years back and forth to the GP with many different diagnosis and treatments I'm now waiting to be referred to a Neuro surgeon and physio.

I know what you mean that water on the skin hurts, even my skirts brushing against my legs actually hurts and even sitting down is akin to sitting in an electric chair
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-12-2017, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I have peripheral neuropathy, which is similier to carpel tunnel in symptoms

Both hands alternate between being completely numb to pins and needles. And whilst I say numb, any touch is like having an electric shock.

Right now I can no longer manage things like buttons, opening packets, hold a pen

I'm on 40 mg of amytriptyline at night, just about to increase to 50 mg. it allows me to sleep and manage to keep going through most of the day without being in too much pain. It's taken 12 years back and forth to the GP with many different diagnosis and treatments I'm now waiting to be referred to a Neuro surgeon and physio.

I know what you mean that water on the skin hurts, even my skirts brushing against my legs actually hurts and even sitting down is akin to sitting in an electric chair
Poor you - It's a horrible condition.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-12-2017, 04:38 PM

I got some codeine via phoning my doctor. I needed them as the pain and lack of sleep was turning me into a grumpy old bear.

I got around 4 hours sleep 11 to 3pm and feel a little better, at least I can type on here now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-12-2017, 10:00 AM

I slept last night from 11 'til 7.

Such a relief after the previous 3 nights. Today I feel stronger.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:17 PM

I slept last night from 11 'til 7.

Such a relief after the previous 3 nights. Today I feel stronger.
Well done, I always feel that sleep aids recovery.
Don't forget that Santa won't come if you don't go to sleep on Christmas eve.

Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top