Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 08:56 PM

Doctors on Line

Has anyone tried this?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:06 PM

Re: Doctors on Line

I've never heard of it Sarah.
What is it? Some new online advisory service to replace seeing your GP?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:10 PM

Same here, Mort. I don't know what it is either.

Any more info please Sarah, or a link perhaps?
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:20 PM

It just came up on tv and I guess its on net you just ask
him something am bit vague but that's all I know am not to
good finding on netbut I guess its not free!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
It just came up on tv and I guess its on net you just ask
him something am bit vague but that's all I know am not to
good finding on netbut I guess its not free!
Could it be this one Sarah?....

https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/onlinedoctor
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:53 PM

Seems a bit odd. So we have a GP but can go online to any old GP and be treated for something that hasn't been diagnosed by someone we don't know ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 09:56 AM

Had bad attack of emphysema last evening. Phoned 111 for some advice about increasing the dosage of my inhalers. Person at t'other end of phone sent Paramedic to me instead, so had lots of tests done oxygen saturation, blood pressure, temperature, pulse and he checked out my throat for infection too. After allowing me an extra dose from one of my inhalers, coughing, spluttering and gasping subsided and I was able to get some rest for a few hours.

111 NHS service is brilliant if you need advice and/or medical intervention.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:13 AM

I think it costs £25 to ask advice with this online service.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:32 AM

The 111 service in linked to our NHS so they can advise you by getting you to speak to a triage nurse who will further advise if you need to see a doctor or go to hospital.

The other telephone services will charge for the service, and my main concern is whether they are able to view your medical records, so they offer safe prescriptions.

A few years ago I authorized Boots Pharmacy to have a record of my medicines. I was always glad I had done this as,a couple of years later, I was in Canterbury ( a long way from my home) when we lost our car keys and my insulin was locked in the boot of our car. Boots, in Canterbury, were able to do an emergency prescription for me!
I suspect that these Doctors online are like a cross between pharmacy agreements and the 111 service, and will send you to the hospital if they cannot give proper help.
I would not be surprised if this is a new method of persuading us to use cheaper methods to save NHS money, that we have to pay for ourselves!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The 111 service in linked to our NHS so they can advise you by getting you to speak to a triage nurse who will further advise if you need to see a doctor or go to hospital.

The other telephone services will charge for the service, and my main concern is whether they are able to view your medical records, so they offer safe prescriptions.

They were my thoughts exactly, Twink.
If these people can actually prescribe, how would they know the prescription was compatible to whatever else you might be taking They must be able to get in your recrods surrely?

Daft thing is though, the hospital here reckons it can't get into my GP's records, and neither can the GP access hospital records! Yet a total stranger on the internet can???
Don't think it's a service I would use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top